Need advice on P0444 code - evap emissions purge control circuit open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on P0444 code - evap emissions purge control circuit open

In further evidence of the rise of the machines, my Seven (237hp Duratec) is throwing off the P0444 code and the MIL is lit. This has happened once before, right after I refueled, making me wonder if it was excess fumes or incorrectly seated gas tank cap causing the error. That first time the fault seemed to cure itself, but this time around it's been persistent for a couple of weeks.

Car runs roughly, especially at idle, and feels down on power but that might be an illusion; otherwise starts and drives normally.

Anyone grappled with this issue / have any ideas on find and fix approach?

Jeremy
    2016 Seven 480 SV in Ballistic Orange

This is a stock engine? Running the stock ECU?

Comment

Hi Doug, yes completely stock, no ECU mods (yet). I'm chasing the emissions canister vacuum pipes for kinks or breaks, so far no smoking gun. Next up is probably multimeter on the purge valve. Anything I'm missing that's an obvious early check? Thanks!
      Originally posted by Doug Liedblad View Post
      This is a stock engine? Running the stock ECU?

Comment

The Caterham's setup for the Zetec came with a OBDII port. I had multiple codes for all the sensors that were't there. I am fairly sure the canister code as well the fuel tank vent code were reported by the ECU.

Ultimately I just ignored them as trying to make them go away was pointless. In California, the Specially Constructed Vehicle registration makes us exempt from passing any emissions test.

Get an OBDII code reader that connects to a smart phone and clear the code.

Comment

Thanks Doug. My code reader can do that.
          Originally posted by Doug Liedblad View Post
          The Caterham's setup for the Zetec came with a OBDII port. I had multiple codes for all the sensors that were't there. I am fairly sure the canister code as well the fuel tank vent code were reported by the ECU.

Ultimately I just ignored them as trying to make them go away was pointless. In California, the Specially Constructed Vehicle registration makes us exempt from passing any emissions test.

Get an OBDII code reader that connects to a smart phone and clear the code.

Comment

Working...
          X