Needed: Duratec crankshaft pulley holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needed: Duratec crankshaft pulley holder

Unfortunately, I need to get the front cover off of my Duratec without removing it from the car. In order to do this, I need the Ford service tool #205-126 ( or an effective facsimile). It holds the pulley in place while you remove the crankshaft pulley retaining bolt with an impact gun.

I'll spare you my tale of woe...

TIA
    Last edited by Papak; September 28, 2016, 03:29 PM.
    Wide-body Birkin, 2.3l Duratec

You will also need the pin to properly align the crankshaft to TDC when you put it back in.

I don't have either but please do not use the pin to hold the crank in place while you install the NEW crankshaft pulley bolt.

Where are you located? You might be able to make your own.

Comment

Doug,

I have the pin, etc. when I first installed it, the engine was on the stand and a flywheel lock was in place. In order to do this in the car, this bar is needed. I'll probably order it today. The cost of fabrication is almost as much as the purchase price when I cost out my time and mileage. Thanks

Comment

When you get one, we can list it on the Resources page and you might be able to sell or rent it to another member. It will help defray the cost.

The resources page is listed on our home page. www.californiacaterhamclub.com

Comment

I will do that, no charge, of course. It should be here on Monday but I I be waiting a few days more for a new pulley. The rubber layer on mine is frays and torn. Might as well do it now.

Comment

Did you order the new crankshaft bolt as well? They are one time use.

Comment

Yes, washer as well.

Comment

Working...
              X