It's in the build stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's in the build stage

I just got notice (and an invoice) from Caterham USA that the factory has advised my CSR is in the build/built stage and will go to the shipper soon. Assuming that I got the paint codes right, it will be very dark purple with a light gold nose and bonnet stripe.

So, just a month to get here and a few weeks to build it and then its for me.

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait.
    Still in the massive grin stage. Damn bugs

Congrats! looking forward to seeing a picture when you get it.
    Paul. Birkin S3 /Dunnel zetec/emerald ECU

Comment

Sounds excellent.
      EscondidoRon

'62 Lotus Seven
      '84 Turbo Esprit (x2)
      '14 Evora
      '77 Esprit S1 (RIP) :(

"A man must keep a little back shop where he can be himself without reserve. In solitude alone can he know true freedom." -Michel De Montaigne 1588

Comment

I'm sure it will come as a shock to you that the Caterham delivery is running behind schedule (Really, an English sports car? They are usually so reliable!). Apparently four of the six cars in the shipment have been crated and the other two will happen shortly, then off to America. Now looking at a mid-July delivery and then assembly time. That should should still give me six to ten weeks of good driving weather.

No doubt all the waiting will be forgotten and forgiven a few miles into the first drive.

Comment

Just heard that a container of six Caterhams, including mine, will be taken to the ship on Thursday. Should be on the water to the US shortly after that. Now just hoping there are no icebergs, dock strikes, railroad issues, drunken ship captains, hijackings, or other assorted perils that may delay the CSR even further.

I may actually be able to drive it before the short Seattle summer is over.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Dawg View Post
            I may actually be able to drive it before the short Seattle summer is over.
            We have a summer?

Glad to hear it's getting closer. I'm looking forward to seeing it in the flesh at some point.

-John
            Westfield SEiW
            2.0L Duratec
            Throttle Steer

Comment

Finally! The crates are now on a truck out of Denver and will be delivered here on Friday. Figure about four weeks to build and the CSR will be ready just in time for the end of the Seattle summer. Looks like I'll find out how well the Avons perform in the rain.

Comment

You're building it?
                Chris
                ------------
                A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

Originally posted by moosetestbestanden View Post
                  You're building it?
                  That's out of my league in talent and time. Mainly the talent.

Comment

Friday has come and gone, did you get your crates? I've been watching this thread. It would be cool to see what you receive!

Comment

Sorry for the delay, I was out of state for four days. The pieces arrived Monday instead of Friday. The crates are open and the build is beginning. This is what the CSR looked like two hours ago:
                      P8210034_edited-1.jpgP8210035_edited-1.jpgP8210037_edited-1.jpg
                      Last edited by Lucky Dawg; August 21, 2012, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Somebody's got 'em a Fattie!:-D
                        Chris
                        ------------
                        A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

The assembly is well past the half way point. So far the only missing parts are the speedometer cable, windscreen supports, some trim pieces and many of the fasteners. I'm hoping the factory will FedEx these. I have an inspection appointment on the 13th, so it will be tight.

Comment

Depending on what inspection it is you may not need to have the missing bits installed.

CHP no, smog, it needs to be running.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Liedblad View Post
                              Depending on what inspection it is you may not need to have the missing bits installed.

CHP no, smog, it needs to be running.
                              No CHP. Not in CA.

Comment

Working...
                              X