Spirng spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spirng spacers

Does anyone have a set of spring spacers, or know where they can be bought?

I need to get the rear up another 10-20 mm to get the correct rake. The front sump is already at its 65 mm clearance threshold and I am running out of thread on the rear shocks.

Shock diameter is 1.75 inch.

/Magnus F.

I have some left over that I used for my previous shocks (for 1.9" diameter springs). If that fits you can have them.

Just measured...they are 16mm tall and HDPE (weigh nothing).

Correction....they are 23mm tall.

Gert
    Last edited by slomove; March 15, 2007, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Magnus

You might also try this company:

www.eibach.com

I bought some heavier front springs from Caterham USA and they are made by Eibach. (2.25" id)

A local company too.

They do list 'helper' spacers in their catalog but I would call them too.

Doug

Comment

That is how they look like....I turned a recess to not interfere with the C-spanners
        Attached Files

Comment

making your own spacers

Hi Magnus,

I ended up making a set of these when I switched to adjustable platforms. I simply put the non adjustable platforms into the lathe and turned them down to look like the picture above. I can look and see if I have any of the old platforms left if you want to try your hand at the same trick.
          Tom "ELV15" Jones
          http://PIErats.com

Comment

Gert,

Can you bring the spacers to Fontana this weekend? I'll swing by and say hello.

/Magnus F.

Comment

O.K., will do.

Comment

Gert:

The springs move around a bit too much on the HDPE platforms I got from you. I am a bit uneasy about the springs not being centered. I will try to lathe down my old adjustable platforms from my Bilstein dampers and turn them into top-hat platforms.

/Magnus F.

Comment

If you want to butcher the plastic spacers that is O.K. with me. Otherwise you can toss them. I don't need them any more (were used for my old SPAX shocks).

I have heard that some people had issues with springs rubbing at the shocks but that was mainly when the springs flexed and buckled.

Gert

Comment

Working...
                  X