Birkin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birkin

No offence intended by this Birkin question on a Caterham site. I'm just learning my way around the 7 world.

Does anyone have any experience with Birkins? Anyone know how well they fit tall goons like me ( 6'4")?

Thanks,

Dave

Well, this is an officially "brand-agnostic" site (in spite of the name) and you will anyway find all kinds of Sevens here.

The Birkin is on the outside almost identical to the regular Caterham. The footwell is a few inches longer but the width is the same, i.e. size 14 shoes are a problem. In any case you drive better with pixie boots but over time I learned to drive with sneakers too (size 10.5).

AFAIK Stan "Soareyes" from this list and Bernie Long from the Yahoo Birkinowners list are about your size and drive a Birkin. They can tell you more about it. In the Birkinowners archive you will find this questions has been asked many times.

Hope that helps.

Gert

Comment

Hey Slo,

Where do I find the Birkin owners archive?

Thanks!

Dave

Comment

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/birkinowners/

Comment

Hi Dave,

As Gert said, I'm tall (6' 3") and I fit in my Birkin. There is plenty of legroom (I have a 36" inseam), but width for your feet on the pedals is tight and a thin driving shoe is preferred. Also the stock Birkin seat is not comfortable and both Gert and I have aftermarket seats installed.

I'm actually on my second Birkin! My first was very stock and when I got the inevitable "upgraditis" disease, I got lucky and found another Birkin with nearly all the upgrades I wanted. So I bought it and sold the other, a quick cure. Unfortunately, the disease is recurrent and upgrades continue ;-)

Stan

Comment

Working...
          X