Any experience with these new tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any experience with these new tires?

Has anyone had experience with either of these new tires on a Se7en?
    Falken Azenis RT-615 or Toyo Proxes T1R

Stan

The first is a pic of the Azenis, the second is the Proxes, click each to see larger view:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by soareyes; October 28, 2005, 09:54 AM.

I've heard some good reports from UK Westfield owners on the T1R. I am running the T1S and am very happy with it as a road tire. Works much better than my old A032R in the cold (although obviosuly not as well when things warm up) and they have a much softer sidewall which is nice in a light car.

-John
    Westfield SEiW
    2.0L Duratec
    Throttle Steer

Comment

Hi John,
      I too had the Proxes T1S for a few months on my first Birkin before I sold it. I liked them, and was wondering if the T1R was significantly better. The T1S's were a few pounds lighter than similar offerings from Bridgestone and Goodyear.
      Stan

Comment

According to the website, it looks like the T1R is slightly lighter than the T1S. The only potential negative I have heard is that Toyo stiffened the sidewalls in the T1R to work better with today's heavier cars. Not sure if that is true and if it is, how much that actually affects performance on a se7en.

Personally I am waiting for the R888 to hit the US market. If it is available in 205/60-13, then I may make the switch to that tire and buy a pair of 13" Rials (currently run 14" wheels).

-John
        Westfield SEiW
        2.0L Duratec
        Throttle Steer

Comment

Working...
        X