New Tires again 13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tires again 13"

I'll be driving my car home on the stock 16"s but would like to put 13" Hoosiers(or something similar) back on. Besides the normal places does anyone in the club have access to tires? Or is there any place we can get a club discount?

This is a great question for Jon Stokes, the owner of Stokes Performance Tire in Santa Monica AND a Lamborghini Murcielago green Caterham with a 242HP Cosworth Duratec. "Jon"......

Comment

The best ftires I've found for street and track use are Yoko ao32r's which are available from the Tire Rack for very reasonavle prices. Another solution would be the new Hoosiers which are also DOT and are comparable to the yokos but do not last as long. These are the only ones I know of that are suitable for all uses. The Avon R500's are very good but very pricey and sometimes difficult to lget here in the states. I've tried a lot of different tires and the yokos are by far the best performing tires I've ever used short of the Avon ACB10's which are terrific on the track but tend to wander on the street. Jon Stokes has very little to offer in the 13" range and I know he outsources tires for his own caterham.

Michael

ps I just ordered some used Goodyear slicks with 2/3rd of tread left for only $20 apiece. They look and work great. At the moment ACB10's seem to be unavailable anywhere.

Comment

tires

The best ftires I've found for street and track use are Yoko ao32r's which are available from the Tire Rack for very reasonavle prices. Another solution would be the new Hoosiers which are also DOT and are comparable to the yokos but do not last as long. These are the only ones I know of that are suitable for all uses. The Avon R500's are very good but very pricey and sometimes difficult to lget here in the states. I've tried a lot of different tires and the yokos are by far the best performing tires I've ever used short of the Avon ACB10's which are terrific on the track but tend to wander on the street. Jon Stokes has very little to offer in the 13" range and I know he outsources tires for his own caterham.

Michael

ps I just ordered some used Goodyear slicks with 2/3rd of tread left for only $20 apiece. They look and work great. At the moment ACB10's seem to be unavailable anywhere.

Comment

Thanks Michael. I was chatting with Doug also. I've had 16" Toyos Goodyears and Dunlops and 13" 008r, 032r, AVS and Hoosier so4(I think). Just looking over again what is out there and I think I will probably go with the 032 again. The Hoosiers are amazing and worth the money I paid(got them direct on sale) but I was pulled over once and the cops had a long LONG look at them(its a long story). Also Hoosier now has a "do not use on highway " warning. Sheese my right foot is starting to twitch again. I need a long overdue drive soon.
          I did find a place that has 048r 185/60/13 and 205/60/13. http://www.aimtire.com/typ_category....ng7%2C+String5

Comment

Venom7: Nice work finding 13" AO48's!! I've been looking for a year and never got a sniff...

Comment

Working...
            X