paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint

I have just discovered a void in my right rear fender. It is at the bottom where the fender bolts to the body. Apparently a rock hit it and broke through the gelcoat to expose the raw glass, and the open area. I e mailed Caterham about it and Simon gave me a paint formula to repaint the fender after I fix it. I have no idea what these numbers mean, and was wondering if any one had some info on paint. It is BRG. The formula given is:
    AM 32 277
    43 399
    6 478
    1 488
    AK 100 997
    Thanks, Rich

Try a body shop, maybe a big chain one like M2. They may know.
    Chris
    ------------
    A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

A year or so back an enraged orange cone jumped out and shredded my rear fender at an autocross. RMSCI sent me a new painted rear fender for about $177 plus freight. If your car is the factory BRG shade it's a pretty reasonable option.

An autoparts store will happily sell you some sort of liquid rubber goo that you can use to undercoat the inside of the fenders. When rocks hit that crud it will provide some protection from star cracks and general damage. A post on blatchat may turn up the name of a useful product.

Comment

Tom used that stuff on his fenders as I recall. Check out his build web site (the url is posted somewhere around here), or perhaps he'll be along in a while to tell you (us) what he used.
        Chris
        ------------
        A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

paint

Given that it is the fender on the left side, and my car has a Durtec with exhaust on the right The cutaway looks out of place any way, so I think I'll just cut that part of the fender off. I have already undercoated the fenders, but this wound was on the small part of the fender that is below the fender guard. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
          X