Announcement

Collapse

Seven Wiki Available

Please check out our wiki available at:

http://www.californiacaterhamclub.com/wiki7
See more
See less

Protection when driving with an aeroscreen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protection when driving with an aeroscreen.

I am in the process of installing an aeroscreen on my car and have started to worry about what I may get hit with on the highway.

Do people with aeroscreens use nothing/sunglasses/racing goggles/helmet/torso protection?

I am fairly sure that I will run with a helmet from now on, which is fine by me. The question is if I need something to protect the rest of my body from flying gardening equipment and other hardware that I may encounter on the 405.

Comments?

/Magnus F.

Pptttttph ppttttph gawddamn bugs pptttph...

So far I've used only glasses. I've only done one road trip of any real distance.

I think about it in the same way that I did when I was riding motorcycles because it is essentially the same thing. In all the time I rode I never got hit by anything. I was younger then than now though.

Aeroscreen now, eh? So it's true - you really are TCD (Totally Caterham Damaged). Welcome to the windscreenless (fur Gert, das ist der Winduberdiegesichtblockenlos) set!
    Chris
    ------------
    A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

Or as we say in Sweden: De vindrutelأ¶sa.

/Magnus F.

Comment

aeroscreen

Magnus,

I plan to buy a pair of goggles for around town and use my helmet on the freeway and see how that works. Wiley X-1 goggles have been mentioned on Blatchat and someone was talking about some kind of face protector(s) that would cover the rest of your face but I don't remember exactly what that was. I don't remember what that was but I think it was made of cloth; maybe even padded. Let us know what you find out as my car won't be finished building for quite some time unless I get busy on it. I think a motorcyclist might not get quite the same amount of debris thrown up at him being at a higher level.

Does anyone have the link to the Wiley manufacturers site?

Steve
        Last edited by Steve Stephens; December 26, 2008, 10:46 PM.

Comment

This might be what you're looking for:

http://www.wiley-x.com/

Comment

Magnus

I wear motorcycle goggles for long freeway trips. Brookland Windscreens deflect the bugs to about my forehead. So usually wear some sort of hat.

M. Bedard also runs Brookands, he often wears an antique style motorcycle helmet, with goggles.

Doug

Comment

Working...
            X