Air Temp Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Temp Sensor

Where do YOU think the air temp sensor should be?
    Mine is located on a bottom frame rail just in front of the left hand foot box. Would it be better to have it on the airfilter mounting plate where it sees the temp going into the induction system or is it more correctly mounted in a place to see 'ambient' air temps?
    Discuss.

Scott: Will you be joining us again @ the Streets April 9 & 10? If you decide to come be sure to bring a helmet and have some fun!! 8)

Sorry to go off your topic, the Email address that I have for you is no longer valid. Brad

Comment

air temp mounting point

As far as I know the best place would be right in front of the airhorn (I've even seen one mounted through the side of an airhorn). You want to measure the temp of the air going into the engine.

If it is mounted to the backing plate you have to be careful of thermal conduction. The backing plate on my car get's really hot and could affect the readings. I've thought about using some kind of insulation material to mount it there, but have not gotten around to it yet.

Right now my sensor is tie-wrapped just below the air filter on the left hand side chassis rail.

Tom
      Tom "ELV15" Jones
      http://PIErats.com

Comment

Right now my sensor is tie-wrapped just below the air filter on the left hand side chassis rail.
        Mine too, but perhaps (lI've not seen where Tom's is) a little further back towards the cockpit. I reckon it's pretty close to ambient temp there, except when stationary in the summer. I suppose ideal would be towards the front in the nose where it's getting the same air the trumpets are sucking in. I'll probably move mine come major surgery time.
        Chris
        ------------
        A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

Working...
        X