Brake and lamp inspection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake and lamp inspection

Can anyone reccomend a shop for a brake and lamp inspection. Just wending my way through the SB100 maze. Just don't want to get stuck with another hassle. Been at the Culver City DMV for 3 hours now trying to get a sequence number. Looks like they will let me keep the original Birkin serial number as it is permanently affixed to the frame. Still have to have CHP verify it a second time. If they come through with a number today, I may have it on the road later this month!
    Wide-body Birkin, 2.3l Duratec

Birkin1.jpgWonders never cease! I am #75 for 2017!
    Last edited by Papak; March 14, 2017, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Not familiar with them in that area (you didn't say where, but I assume in the vicinity of the Culver City DMV). A quick search showed a Yelp! listing a few:
      Smog Plus Plus at 5864 W. Pico Blvd.
      A&M Auto at 1111 Cole in Hollywood
      Del Mar Auto in Santa Monica
      Y.S. 76 Auto Care in Westlake
      Economy Auto Care in Hollywood
      ... there are more.

Also, searched Craigslist for L.A. and found one advertising B&L for $55. You have a huge number of options for B&L in the L.A. area. Many smog places do this, lots of gas stations, independent car repair places, etc.

Best of luck, sir.
      | | Sean

Comment

I ended up going to Jenilwil Auto Electric in South Central LA. Nice guys. $70 cash, no hassles, never left the trailer. 20 minutes total. Off to the smog ref on Tuesday! Nearly done.

Comment

Finished up with the referee today. Went to Compton Center at El Camino College. Arrived 20 minutes early and was finished in less than 30 min. Pick up the plates on Wednesday!

Comment

Working...
          X