Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• half doors

Hi all
    I have an MK indy and I looked on SOFT BITS for doors and bikini top but they only have half doors. Has anyone seen a car or have a car with half doors. My interest is in the amount of wind or turbulance they cut down. I'd also like to know if the half doors have the elbow pockets or if they stop below the shoulder.
    any info would be appreciated.
    A phone call would work best
    707-628-2214
    Larry (near sacramento)

I have a pair in my SV.

The doors do cut down quite a bit on turbulence, although it does not get close to as calm as with full (windowed) doors.

My doors have indents in them where I can place my elbows. The doors come up approximately to my armpits (although I do have a lowered floor).

/Magnus F.

Comment

I have a pair as well. I'm not too sure if they cut down on turbulence too much. They do lower the pebble ingress count. ISTR that it's the windscreen that creates the turbulence, from my one or two rides in cars that have one. Mine doesn't, so the turbulence is more of a blast, in more ways than one.:-D
      Chris
      ------------
      A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

I would second with Chris.

I have an aeroscreen that provides a smooth but powerful rush of air running over my scalp, pushing back my hairline even further.

It's all fun and games until the truck in front of you launches last week's roadkill into your face.

/Magnus F.

Comment

Third that. I have half doors and an aero screen. Love it -- Inside the car (neck down) is as calm as a librarian's convention. Up in the airstream there is minimal head buffeting, but you must drive with a helmet. (With no helmet, you will eat road kill and you are what you eat.) I doubt half doors would achieve much if you are using a full windshield.

Comment

I often run half doors plus regular windscreen. The doors do make a difference, but the windscreen generates an incredible amount of turbulence.

/Magnus F.

Comment

Working...
            X