Announcement

Collapse

Seven Wiki Available

Please check out our wiki available at:

http://www.californiacaterhamclub.com/wiki7
See more
See less

Caster/Camber and Toe in/Toe out for '92 Caterham?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caster/Camber and Toe in/Toe out for '92 Caterham?

My first question is, is even possible to adjust the caster/camber and toe in/out on my '92 Caterham Super 7 (1700cc Kent motor) ? I do not see any visible way to adjust this on the car.

Second question is, if it is adjustable (it has to be) does anyone have the specs for the above?
    Thanks, pat

If you don't have the build manual (assembly guide) go to the RESOURCES page and down load it. HERE.

Toe in is easily adjustable, Camber can be done آ± one turn of the upper ball joint. Caster more difficult with shims if I recall. These should be covered in the manual.

Where are you located?

Doug
    Last edited by Doug Liedblad; November 3, 2014, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Many thanks on both Doug, I live in Victoria BC
      Pat

Originally posted by Doug Liedblad View Post
      If you don't have the build manual (assembly guide) go to the RESOURCES page and down load it. HERE.

Toe in is easily adjustable, Camber can be done آ± one turn of the upper ball joint. Caster more difficult with shims if I recall. These should be covered in the manual.

Where are you located?

Doug

Comment

Let us know if you need help.

I'll just pop up in my Citation.

Comment

I don't think his ball joint is adjustable. Is it a cruciform top link with no threaded ball joint? If not, no camber adjustment for you.

There was a gentleman selling adjustable A-Arms a few months ago. You may want to measure those if you'd like to add the ability to adjust your camber.

Comment

On a related note, how do u adjust the rear geometry for a Dedion?

Comment

Originally posted by vstryker View Post
              On a related note, how do u adjust the rear geometry for a Dedion?
              Camber is done by the 'ears'. CC has 'em. Supposedly one (stock) set is for radials, the other Here is for bias ply. I've used them both and frankly couldn't tell much difference. Lap times differences were inconsequential, too many other variables, most of which could be put down to a bad wheel nut that I just can't seem to fix.

There are shims available for CSR's. I'm not sure if they'd translate as that car is IRS and probably has very different ears, if any.

Edit: ISTR that there are some aftermarket shims out there somewhere, Over There. No matter to me - per the above.
              Last edited by moosetestbestanden; November 4, 2014, 04:30 PM.
              Chris
              ------------
              A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

Originally posted by GWise View Post
                I don't think his ball joint is adjustable. Is it a cruciform top link with no threaded ball joint? If not, no camber adjustment for you.
                I don't know about the '92 Caterham, the ones I've worked on were 1999 and newer.

Comment

Don't worry about the De Dion ears. As Chris pointed out, they don't seem to make a lot of difference.

The other things at the rear you can play with is ride height (to set rake), ARB settings, spring rates, and shock settings. Track test days are recommended to get things right.

/Magnus F.

Comment

Working...
                  X