Pectel T2 Descro Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pectel T2 Descro Software

I have not looked at my Pectel T2 engine map since 2005. It's time. I found a copy of the Pectel software on an old Windows XP laptop and copied it onto my current laptop. When I try to connect to the ECU, in the Descpro software the option to select a comms link from the dropdown menus (serial vs CAN) is greyed out so I can't proceed further. My copy of Descpro is version 1.0. From some internet browsing I can see that later versions exist but I'm hesitant to download without knowing more. My questions are:
    - Does anyone have a reasonably recent version, actually working with a T2, that they can share? Bonus points if you know whether the upgrade is worthwhile.
    - My cable connector is a Pectel proprietary serial port-type with an ebay-sourced serial to USB adapter. Is there anything special about the USB adapter that could be the source of the problem?

Magnus should be along anytime now. See all, knows all.
    Chris
    ------------
    A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

I actually replied to this thread earlier today, but it got lost.

Make sure that your cable is based on the PL2303 chipset. This one is known to work:
      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Make sure that the device driver is installed for the cable. When it is plugged in to the USB port, you should see a notification about the hardware being ready to use at the bottom right corner of the screen.

Make sure that you start Descpro *after* you plugged in the USB port.

If descpro comes up, and you can select a COM port (COM4 or something like that, but no map can be loaded, you are lacking a profile for the T2 ECU. I'll mail you my collection of profiles.

/Magnus F.

Comment

Thanks Magnus. I have a cable driver problem which I'm working on. Hopefully that will solve the problem.

Comment

I have a Pectel T2 on a Zetec (Seven America Zetec Supersport package) and it is very hard to start cold or hot. Once started it runs fine. Where can I find a copy of the Descpro software so I can try to figure out what the problem is. Thanks for any suggestions. (I am not sure how this forum website works so this may wind up in the wrong place - if so sorry)

Comment

Please PM me your private address, and I'll see if I can help you out.

/Magnus F.

Comment

Thanks for the offer. I can be reached at [redacted]. /Dave
              Last edited by magnusfeuer; February 22, 2015, 12:28 PM. Reason: Removed email to save it from spam

Comment

Originally posted by djolly81 View Post
                I have a Pectel T2 on a Zetec (Seven America Zetec Supersport package) and it is very hard to start cold or hot. Once started it runs fine. Where can I find a copy of the Descpro software so I can try to figure out what the problem is. Thanks for any suggestions. (I am not sure how this forum website works so this may wind up in the wrong place - if so sorry)
                Where are you located?

Magnus is the best source but I can also send you a copy on a disk, maybe email if not too large, or post it in Dropbox and send you a link to download it.

Doug

Comment

Dave,

I took the liberty of removing your email address that you posted to save you from spam bots that regularly harvest this site (and millions of others) for fresh addresses to send junk mail to.

Please tell me if you want me to put it back in, and I will do so.

/Magnus F.

Comment

Dave - I also replied to both emails you sent me. Check your spam folder if my messages ended up there.

/Magnus F.

Comment

I sent Dave a link to a dropbox folder where he can download the Descpro software and profiles for his T2.

Comment

Regarding pectel software, there was a fellow from AIM that was familiar with the software and the players. He told me that the pectel broke up and a couple of them started a new company; he thought the new name was something like liferesearch.

No other information, Wayne using SDS and getting great support.

Comment

The company that the Pectel guys started when Pi bought them was Life Racing (liferacing.com). They make the F88, among other things. I have no idea if they still support the old T2/T6/SQ6 ECUs.

/Magnus F.

Comment

Working...
                          X