Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug Liedblad
    replied
    They look like they have the spring seats and an adjustment.

See if you can find out if they are single or double adjustable.

Did they come with any instructions?

Any part numbers on them?

Most of the setup you can do yourself if you have the time.

Leave a comment:

• prabjohns
    replied
    Originally posted by Doug Liedblad View Post
    Paul

Are these adjustable for bounce and or rebound?

Do they have adjustable spring seats?

Doug
    Hey Doug. I believe so. They seem to have adjustable spring seats and an adjuster on the damper like my current AVO shocks.
    I ordered them from the Birkin dealer, Dick Brink in Texas.
    Here's a photo. Of coarse they arrived with no model numbers, I went to the Gaz Shocks website and found it to be excellent at hiding information....
    -Paul
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• slomove
    replied
    • Most important...the loaded c/c distance between the mounting bolts must be minimum 295mm, assuming typical shocks. That will leave you with almost horizontal lower A-arms, maybe slight droop to the outside. There have been a few folks who lowered the car more and used shocks with bigger bump stop rubber. They ran out of shock travel and consequently bent their A-arms.
    • Front/rear rake along the outside chassis rail should be 10-30 mm (start with 15mm) depending on your over-steer desire
    • After that basic alignment you should corner-weigh and fine tune the adjustment with proper driver weight in the seat, new tires at correct pressure.
    • For most shocks the damper setting should be set to the minimum position or just slightly higher. But that depends heavily on the actual type of shock and requires experimentation.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Liedblad
    replied
    Paul

Are these adjustable for bounce and or rebound?

Do they have adjustable spring seats?

Doug

Leave a comment:

• prabjohns
    started a topic Suspension set up for Birkin

Suspension set up for Birkin

Hi there,
    I recently purchased new Gaz dampers and springs for my Birkin and I wanted to get them fitted and adjusted professionally. Any recommendations in the greater LA area?
    I was thinking about putting new tires on too, should I do that first or is it less critical?
    I also wanted to ask if any Birkin owners out there had any suspension set up documentation or specs that I should have to give to a suspension shop.
    Many thanks,
    -Paul
    Last edited by prabjohns; May 25, 2011, 06:51 PM. Reason: typo
Working...
X