Side roll bar protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side roll bar protection

Hi all, got a question for you. I have some time this year to work on my Birkin and I want to get some side protection. Do you guys know of some bolt on side bars? Additionally.....any input will be welcome and if you just happen to have a roll cage laying around and you want to get rid of....do tell.

Scott Spiess
    [email protected]

I remember Dick Brink (the Birkin dealer) used to have some side impact bars (not a full cage) bolted on his Birkin. I would ask him if that is a standard product.

Comment

Slomove....I have been in contact with Dick and the ones he had on his Birkin were a one off (limited production) solution. He stated that they were expensive to build. He said that Birkin has created something like that, but no one has information or a picture. This is why I am posting about it because I need to find the cost of this upgrade to evaluate it. I plan on going to a 3 day race school in June at Thunder Hill, so funds are limited (constant struggle).

Comment

Originally posted by scottspiess View Post
        Slomove....I have been in contact with Dick and the ones he had on his Birkin were a one off (limited production) solution...... .
        I see. FWIW here is a picture I took of Dick's car on the USA2005 tour in Colorado. These bars don't look awfully difficult to make. Maybe you can find somebody to weld such a thing.
        However, I still don't understand how Dick got in and out....

Last edited by slomove; January 13, 2011, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Hey there....thanks for the picture. I actually got a ride at Infineon with him during this tour and remember the side bars. I am saving the picture and am going to send it to him. This is exactly what I am looking for. A bolt on solution and I do not see the cost being great for this solution but hey what do I know, I am a computer guy :) Also....I don't see how he can get in and out without a lot of snapping and unsnapping.... Thanks again.

Scott

Comment

Roll Bar

Hi all, well I am working with Evil Genius Racing to solve my roll bar issue. This guys work is great and he "wants" to work with Birkin/Caterham people. His website is http://evilgeniusracing.com.

Comment

Working...
            X