No announcement yet.

crossflow inlet manifold

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • crossflow inlet manifold

    I'm looking for a crossflow inlet manifold compatible with twin DCOE40 Webers and preferably with a port to tap into the intake vacuum for purposes of creating a pcv system. Anything out there?

  • #2
    You might check with Jenvey out of the UK.

    Jenvey Dynamics design, develop and manufacture fuel injection (EFI) throttle bodies (ITB) and induction systems for all levels of motorsport.

    I also think you should have the inlet before the butterflies on the Webers or throttle bodies.

    Going into the intake manifold after the butterflies may appear as a vacuum leak and change the fuel air mixture.

    As the ref at Pierce said it just needs to vent by the inlet.

    Last edited by Doug Liedblad; November 7, 2010, 08:13 AM.


    • #3
      Check Pierce Manifolds.

      Westfield SEiW
      2.0L Duratec
      Throttle Steer


      • #4
        Thanks for the info, Doug.

        Per Pierce College, the pcv valve has to be connected to a vacuum source to actuate the pcv valve. The second vent he wants included in the system can be abutted to the cleaner element. My Webers have no ports to tap into for a vacuum. Hence it seems the manifold is the only option. I agree with you it doesn't seem like a good idea because if nothing else it will upset the balance of the Webers. This is why I'm buying a second manifold rather than drilling mine...


        • #5
          Noooo, don't touch that manifold until after you have read this blurb from Burton's website.
          The attached picture illustrates the breather that is located on the block; right hand side, just above the fuel pump (if you are still running the mechanical one). It is hiding under your Webers. In the picture you will see that the PCV valve is inserted through a rubber grommet. The lower tube is pressed into the block.
          A hose should go up to the air cleaners and be affixed to the backplate using a length of pipe/tubing. The end of the tube obviously needs to see vacuum.
          If you have a closed or non-vented oil filler cap and no other holes in the rocker cover you will have a "closed" system.
          Does this guy know that this is a 50 year old design engine and that it has been tweeked for 50+% more power?

          I pulled this out of the Burton blurb because it is very important.

          3) If the crankcase is to be vented via the inlet manifold
          this should only be considered where a mixing (plenum) chamber
          exists. Under no circumstances should any type of breather
          union be connected to a manifold port dedicated to a single

          Attached Files