Zetec Thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zetec Thermostat

Anybody out there have any US part numbers for thermostats for a UK 2.0litre Zetec (black top series 3)???

From here or here

I would bet the Euro Focus ZX3 uses the same part as the US Focus.

Quantity
    Price:
    $7.21

App: 2002-2004 Ford Focus
    Brand: Stant Thermostat
    Part#: ST13979
    Description: STANT THERMOSTAT -- 195%XB0 F, A Direct Fit OE Replacement Engine Coolant Thermostat, Made Of High Strength Stainless Steel Assembly, Offers Engineered Springs For Smooth Performance, Comes With Self-Cleaning And Self-Aligning Thermostat Valve
    Fits: 195 Degree, OE Temperature, 1pc.

Engine-Fits
    2002-2003: SE; 4Cyl 2.0L GAS, FI, VIN "3";
    2004-2004: ZTS; 4Cyl 2.0L GAS, FI, VIN "3";
    2004-2004: ZX3; 4Cyl 2.0L GAS, FI, VIN "3
    Last edited by slomove; March 6, 2009, 09:49 AM.

Comment

A 180 degree thermostat is a nice replacement for the 195 degree unit Ford specs on Zetecs, especially with the heat the motors in our applications can create. The hotter thermostats are installed for emmissions, not performance, reasons. My ECM increased the spark advance on my motor when I installed the 180 degree unit, leading to an increase in power. One caveat, though; we did reprogram the ECM to change the cut in point for the fan. It may not have been necessary, but it seemed like a good idea.
      Brad
      2013 Boss 302 Mustang
      2005 SV Roadsport (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

Thanks! That's a great help...at least I know I can get those locally!

Originally posted by slomove View Post
        From here or here

I would bet the Euro Focus ZX3 uses the same part as the US Focus.

Quantity
        Price:
        $7.21

App: 2002-2004 Ford Focus
        Brand: Stant Thermostat
        Part#: ST13979
        Description: STANT THERMOSTAT -- 195%XB0 F, A Direct Fit OE Replacement Engine Coolant Thermostat, Made Of High Strength Stainless Steel Assembly, Offers Engineered Springs For Smooth Performance, Comes With Self-Cleaning And Self-Aligning Thermostat Valve
        Fits: 195 Degree, OE Temperature, 1pc.

Engine-Fits
        2002-2003: SE; 4Cyl 2.0L GAS, FI, VIN "3";
        2004-2004: ZTS; 4Cyl 2.0L GAS, FI, VIN "3";
        2004-2004: ZX3; 4Cyl 2.0L GAS, FI, VIN "3

Comment

Good input. I will check that out, although my problem is that the current 'stat is opening early and I can not maintain good operating temp (80+C). step 1 - change 'stat; step 2 - build adjustable blind for current radiator. Hopefully, I will only need to do step 1 as I don't need another project right now!

Originally posted by athens7 View Post
          A 180 degree thermostat is a nice replacement for the 195 degree unit Ford specs on Zetecs, especially with the heat the motors in our applications can create. The hotter thermostats are installed for emmissions, not performance, reasons. My ECM increased the spark advance on my motor when I installed the 180 degree unit, leading to an increase in power. One caveat, though; we did reprogram the ECM to change the cut in point for the fan. It may not have been necessary, but it seemed like a good idea.

Comment

Working...
          X