Duratec fuel pressure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duratec fuel pressure?

Can anyone who is running a Duratec tell me what fuel pressure you are running?

I'm running the SBD 2.0L setup.

Thanks!

Tom
    Tom "ELV15" Jones
    http://PIErats.com

Tom

I believe Magnus runs about 60 psi.

My manual says 48 psi at idle, 60 psi at speed.

This is for a 2.3 L but anywhere in this range should work. I've read that it takes quite a bit of pressure change before it goes too rich or too lean.

A quick look at Blatchat turns up pressures from 43 to 60 psi.

Doug
    Last edited by Doug Liedblad; September 4, 2008, 11:45 PM.

Comment

I was instructed to run it at 36 but noticed it is at 38. We ran the dyno tune that way so I guess it's OK? I have the 2.3 and the same induction you have, Tom.

Comment

I am only running 36psi, but I have big injectors (39 lbs @ 40 psi). Karl at Emerald told me that 36psi is fine, but he doesn't recommend going lower than that.

Do you have the stock injectors, or the slightly bigger ones that SBD includes in their 2.0L kit for stock cams?

-John
        Westfield SEiW
        2.0L Duratec
        Throttle Steer

Comment

My 2.3 car has bigger injectors, but I was advised to run a "...fuel pump system capable of supplying in excess of 1.4l/min regulated to 4.3bar."

1 bar equals approximately 14.5 psi, so 4.3 bar X 14.5 = 62.4 psi. So, ~60 psi.
          | | Sean

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Liedblad View Post
            Tom
            .......This is for a 2.3 L but anywhere in this range should work. I've read that it takes quite a bit of pressure change before it goes too rich or too lean.......
            Hmmm, I would not subscribe to that. No matter what the pressure is set to, it should be as stable a possible. Otherwise you need to include the pressure change in your map and hope that characteristic does not drift with temperatures, voltage and the like.

In general, for small pressure variations you can assume a 10% change of fuel flow for a 20% change of pressure (actually it changes with the square root). That means a change from 40 to 50 PSI could result in something like 1.5 AFR units error, which is not small change anyway.

Gert

Comment

I agree it should be a constant fuel pressure and the pressure it was mapped at.

If you use this calculator, http://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx, then a 50% increase in pressure (say 40 psi to 60 psi) gives 20% more fuel.

It wasn't clear why he needed to know so a good starting place might be someplace in the middle. If he is off by a bit it probably won't cause an extreme lean condition and burn something up.

Doug
              Last edited by Doug Liedblad; September 7, 2008, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X