These useless politicians.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These useless politicians.....

You may have seen this already, pretty scary....from the Shelby Club mailing list. My car (non-SB100) would possibly be affected. I just could not understand the text of the bill if SPCN cars are also in trouble when sold.

Quote:
    Here we go again . . . Senate Bill 1549 has been introduced in the California State Senate by Senator Dean Florez(D) to repeal the state's current emissions test exemption for pre-1976 vehicles registered by new owners in the San Joaquin Valley Unified Air Pollution Control District. Under the bill, after Jan. 1, 2009, new owners seeking to register a pre-1976 vehicle would be subject to emissions tests for the life of the vehicle. S.B. 1549 is scheduled to be considered by the California Senate Transportation and Housing Committee on April 1, 2008. While this only affects the Central Valley, any chipping away at the exemption will lead to similar attempts in the Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco and Sacramento areas. This is just a means of getting a foot in the door of reversing the exemption for all 1975 and older cars. First the other major air quality districts will want to implement the same plan and then they will want to take it state-wide for all pre-76 vehicles.

You can send an e-mail to Senator Flores at [email protected].
    In addition, to e-mail all other Committee members at one time CLICK HERE.

Gert

Someone has to save us from global warming!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...301305_pf.html

Do I understand that your car doesn't have an SB100 number?

If not how did you register it?

Rumors of things like this was why I opted for a1960 engine model year on my SB100 sticker.

Doug

Comment

I bought my car in Florida but the original owner had it registered first in California (as a '69 model Birkin Lotus Replica). I just went to the DMV and showed the copy of the original CA title, paid my "use tax", done deal.

May not be that easy nowadays anymore....

Gert

Comment

500 cars a year. Most do not even get to 2000 miles a year. I do not understand these bozos. They need to get a life. It is easier to go after few people, rather then address the real pollution problem.

Comment

Working...
        X