Pacific Northwest Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacific Northwest Tour

There are now about 8 or 10 Caterhams in the Northwest and I'm sure many of us would like to join some part of the Pacific Northwest Tour.

I am in the process of building a CSR 260 with my son, and the blue press CSR has just been purchased by someone in Seattle. Within the last year, we have added 2 or 3 other Caterhams in the Seattle area. Within time, we'll probably form our own club. In the meantime, it would be interesting to find out about the activities of the California Caterham Club and perhaps combine some activities.

Hal Strong
    [email protected]
    425-829-1880

Please feel free to use this site to communicate with your WA 7 brethren. The name of this group may yet be changed and it is intended to be open to ALL 7 enthusiasts. The site is neither CA nor Caterham exclusive.

Be sure to get to know John C, a true dyed in the wool 7er in the Seattle area!!

Comment

Pacific Northwest Tour

Thanks for the offer to use this site to communicate with 7 owners in the Northwest. I'll pass this along.

Hal

Comment

Thanks Brad, but Hal & I have already been in contact. I'm just waiting for him to finish the CSR so we can schedule a drive! :)

-John
        Westfield SEiW
        2.0L Duratec
        Throttle Steer

Comment

Hal, if you (and others as well) want to come along for the tour please let me know by mid August, when I will start looking for hotels. Name, phone, from/to etc.

Once the reservations are made all Seveners are still welcome but will have to find accommodation on their own.

Good luck and have fun with your build.

Gert

Comment

Gert:

Do you have dates and a basic route set for the Pacific Northwest Tour?

Hal

Comment

Hal,

The itinerary is located in this thread.

-John
              Westfield SEiW
              2.0L Duratec
              Throttle Steer

Comment

Thank you, John, for the tread. I would like to join the group in Port Angeles on August 22 and leave the group August 28, if possible.

If you are considering any alternatives in Washington, Whidbey Island is a beautiful drive, and I would be happy to host the group for a barbeque at our home on Useless Bay, a beautiful spot with sandy beaches and views of Ranier.

Hal

Comment

I believe the original route included Whidbey Island, but we are now heading a bit east to avoid Seattle traffic and the Peace Arch border crossing, which can be pretty brutal that time of year.

-John
                  Westfield SEiW
                  2.0L Duratec
                  Throttle Steer

Comment

Speaking of Port Angeles, is a reservation needed for the ferry to Victoria? I remember taking the ferry over 10 years ago and having to leave our car at the dock because the ferry was full (we went as walk-on passengers). I don't remember if reservations are necessary or just need to arrive early to get a spot?
                    Stan

Comment

Reservations going to and from Vancouver Island are critical that time of year. It is definitely on the list of things to do.

-John
                      Westfield SEiW
                      2.0L Duratec
                      Throttle Steer

Comment

Sorry to be a little delayed with replies but I am travelling in Hungary with little hotel Internet support (writing from an Internet cafe right now).

Anyway....one of the potential tourers from BC has relatives in the ferry business and he confirmed the need for reservation and that we still have ample time as well (no group discounts though...). I was planning to tackle this when the hotels are done.

Gert

Comment

Working...
                        X