New east coast member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New east coast member

Hi, Brad here from Athens, Georgia. I have wanted a Caterham 7 ever since I first saw one 20 or so years ago. Finally, last month, I took delivery of a new 2005 SV with an SVT Zetec motor, Kent cams, ZF lsd, and a number of other items, from Jeff Sloan at British Auto in Ft. Worth, TX. There are a couple of Sevens in my neck of the woods, but not nearly as many as out west. The Blatchat guys are many and knowledgeable, but don't use the same power trains, so don't always have relevant insights. My last car was a Beck 550 Spyder, and I found the forums to be a great source of wisdom and wit. I hope y'all will let me tag along.
    Last edited by athens7; June 16, 2008, 02:53 PM.
    Brad
    2013 Boss 302 Mustang
    2005 SV Roadsport (gone but not forgotten)

Welcome aboard. Drive it out here, or move to CA, and we can habe fun in the sun every day.... Smart move, you have likely changed your life more than you know...

Comment

Welcome!

You may want to try here if you can find some other Se7en drivers locally. Overall there should be more Se7ens in the East than here. Well, I guess.

Gert

Comment

Brad - did u use teh zz3 at the autoX or not. most se7ens tend be located around a dealer's area. Why Virgina and Texas having a crapload.
        2002 SV zetec/sierra; yellow over green

Comment

I did use the ZZ3s; I'm such a newb at autox that I didn't over drive the tires (well, except for one semi-lurid slide). James A, in his SV with Hoosier racing tires and driving skill, was 10 seconds faster than I was. I sure had a good time, though.

Gert, I'm already on USA7s and the map, and there are a few local owners. I'm hoping a few of the members here have SVT Zetec motors for tech idea exchanges.
          Last edited by athens7; October 19, 2007, 08:31 PM. Reason: Thought of something more to say
          Brad
          2013 Boss 302 Mustang
          2005 SV Roadsport (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

Working...
          X