Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dobedobedo
    replied
    sorry for late reply. I forget to come back to the forum. The oxygen sensor screws in the exhaust pike just before muffler. I am not to techy, so i go to mechanics. Right now we are trying to source a new oxygen sensor for the Duratec R500

Leave a comment:

• Doug Liedblad
    replied
    Where is the air flow sensor or intake air temperature sensor?

If the intake air temp sensor is mounted on the air cleaner backing plate without some sort of insulation, it will get hot and confuse the ECU with incorrect temp readings.

Can you read the sensor temperature from the ECU / programming software?

Leave a comment:

• dobedobedo
    replied
    As it turned out I didn't.New plugs and adjusting throttle body cables and I was good to go. Still have idle problem at high temp. Thinking it's the air flow sensor. I changed muffler to free flow and it may affect sensor. We'll see next week.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Liedblad
    replied
    Originally posted by dobedobedo View Post
    coil on plugs..car built in 2012
    I am still curious as to why you need new coil on plugs, or is this an upgrade?

Doug

Leave a comment:

• Sean
    replied
    Ron - If you need info on the spark plugs as well, it has been covered pretty well here: Question for the duratec owners thread.

Leave a comment:

• dobedobedo
    replied
    THANKS DOUG, I'll pass info on to my mechanic.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Liedblad
    replied
    The on plug coils for the 2012 Focus Duratec are available from your local auto parts store.

Question as why you might need them as they should last a long time.

Note that the year the car was built may not be the year of the engine. You can probably tell from the serial number on the block.

I think they changed the length of the plugs around 2009. Just be sure you replace them with the same length if you are not sure.

Leave a comment:

• dobedobedo
    replied
    coil on plugs..car built in 2012

Leave a comment:

• Doug Liedblad
    replied
    Do you know what year your engine is?

I do know they changed the length of the plugs at some point and you need to be sure you put the correct ones in.

I assume you mean the coil on plugs? Or do you mean coil over springs for the shocks?
    Last edited by Doug Liedblad; April 19, 2016, 07:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dobedobedo
    replied
    plugs and coil over for Duratec 2.0 (263hp) engine. Have mechanic (Garagerz) in Burbank, but having trouble finding correct parts. Any help appreciated. Ron from N.J.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Liedblad
    replied
    What do you need done?

Leave a comment:

• dobedobedo
    replied
    Originally posted by dobedobedo View Post
    Hi Doug, my brother is in Agoura Hills. I guess not far from you. Great roads in your area. I will be spending lots of time there. We should meet
    this is Redgoose from N.J. in Los Angeles for 2 months. In need of Duratec mechanic. Can any one help with suggestion ?

Leave a comment:

• dobedobedo
    replied
    Hi Doug, my brother is in Agoura Hills. I guess not far from you. Great roads in your area. I will be spending lots of time there. We should meet

Leave a comment:

• Doug Liedblad
    replied
    Watch the events section.

We should do something and a SuperCarSunday with a drive would be easy for some of us.

I am happy to come out Randall's way as well.

Doug

Leave a comment:

• dobedobedo
    replied
    I'm here until May 31 which is the day I leave. Weekenders sound good. If you leave contact info, I'll get in touch. My info is on this blog. Take care.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X