New to California:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to California:

Hello California, I am Redgoose on the east coast forum. My name is Ron. I drive an R500 built by Jon in Denver. I drive the New York area roads and Lots of track days in N. J. and Conn. I am coming to Los Angeles area for 2 months and trailering my R500. Would love to hook up with other Caterhams for spirited rides. I'll be in L.A. months of April and May. Looking forward to the great roads out there. I can be reached on this forum or email: [email protected] or cell: 201 341 5924...Thanks

Welcome, Ron. I'm more towards the other end of the state, but those spring months are a great time to drive in SoCal.
    | | Sean

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
      Welcome, Ron. I'm more towards the other end of the state, but those spring months are a great time to drive in SoCal.
      Thanks for your reply Sean. Yes, really looking forward to those canyons. Would be more fun with company.

Comment

What part of LA will you be staying in? Will you only have weekends free, or weekdays as well? I'd enjoy sharing some roads with you.

Randall

Comment

Originally posted by rzempel View Post
          What part of LA will you be staying in? Will you only have weekends free, or weekdays as well? I'd enjoy sharing some roads with you.

Randall
          Hi Randall. I'll be in Hollywood Hills. Renting a house for 2 months. I'm retired so I will be free to ride any day , any time. I will arrive April 1. contact info: cell: 201 341 5924..email: [email protected] . Thanks for the reply.

Comment

I will not be here until mid of April but after 4/20 I am ready for some weekend drives.
            For that matter, if you are still here Memorial Day, we are contemplating a 2-night longer drive up the coast, something like that: https://goo.gl/maps/n5EAZjf48nu

Comment

I'm here until May 31 which is the day I leave. Weekenders sound good. If you leave contact info, I'll get in touch. My info is on this blog. Take care.

Comment

Watch the events section.

We should do something and a SuperCarSunday with a drive would be easy for some of us.

I am happy to come out Randall's way as well.

Doug

Comment

Hi Doug, my brother is in Agoura Hills. I guess not far from you. Great roads in your area. I will be spending lots of time there. We should meet

Comment

Originally posted by dobedobedo View Post
                    Hi Doug, my brother is in Agoura Hills. I guess not far from you. Great roads in your area. I will be spending lots of time there. We should meet
                    this is Redgoose from N.J. in Los Angeles for 2 months. In need of Duratec mechanic. Can any one help with suggestion ?

Comment

What do you need done?

Comment

plugs and coil over for Duratec 2.0 (263hp) engine. Have mechanic (Garagerz) in Burbank, but having trouble finding correct parts. Any help appreciated. Ron from N.J.

Comment

Do you know what year your engine is?

I do know they changed the length of the plugs at some point and you need to be sure you put the correct ones in.

I assume you mean the coil on plugs? Or do you mean coil over springs for the shocks?
                          Last edited by Doug Liedblad; April 19, 2016, 08:34 PM.

Comment

coil on plugs..car built in 2012

Comment

The on plug coils for the 2012 Focus Duratec are available from your local auto parts store.

Question as why you might need them as they should last a long time.

Note that the year the car was built may not be the year of the engine. You can probably tell from the serial number on the block.

I think they changed the length of the plugs around 2009. Just be sure you replace them with the same length if you are not sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X