Fed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fed up

I've been feeling about fed up lately with my car originally slated to be delivered in the first month or so of 2007, and here it is damn near Halloween and it's still not shipped. So I posted on Blatchat about my plight, without giving any names or specifics just yet, and I asked the shipper to give them a "nudge", and I sent a polite yet strongly worded e-mail to the builder, and I left him a phone message, and I requested various acquaintances that side of the pond to pester my builder to SHIP MY FUGGIN' CAR! Hey, presto, they now say it should ship this week. Of course, they have told me that before (did somebody say "Wolf"?), but if I had to guess, I would say that I think it is real this time, and I think it was the shipper that convinced them. His e-mail was much stronger than the one I sent, with talk of ever-increasing fuel surcharges, and how the customer (me) paid months ago... stuff like that.

Anyway, my car may or may not be shipping in the next week or two. Wish me luck. I'm off to Yokohama for two weeks of vacation, and with any luck I may have a car to finish building when I return.
    - Sean

Sean,

Good luck! Have a great vacation! Give us an update when you get back!
    Tom "ELV15" Jones
    http://PIErats.com

Comment

If (and it's still sounds like a big if) it's true, wouldn't you rather travel to Avon?:D

Edit: I sure hope that it happens. You've been waaay beyond patient.
      Last edited by moosetestbestanden; October 25, 2007, 05:31 PM.
      Chris
      ------------
      A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

Fed back down a bit now...

Some photos from England this morning:

Sean McPartlan Freight 010.jpg Sean McPartlan Freight 015.jpg

Now scheduled to have car before turkey. Should have been before green beer this year, but whatever - should be worth waiting for... :)
        - Sean

Comment

Sean, I apologize if this was posted elsewhere and I missed it, but what are the details on the car? Is that an inboard front suspension?

Thanks,
          John
          Westfield SEiW
          2.0L Duratec
          Throttle Steer

Comment

No, details were never really posted anywhere. I didn't see the point until the car was nearer completion.

It is actually not a car, as those realistically cannot be imported; it is a "rolling chassis", so everything a car is except without the gearbox or engine. The Duratec engine is in my garage, and the BGH gearbox is soon to be delivered. The rolling chassis was spec'd through Freestyle Motorsport, and is their "super-wide" variant, with a wider DeDion tube from an SV chassis, and Gary's own design inboard front suspension with a wider-than-widetrack set of A-arms to compliment the rear. I feel pretty confident I'm gonna like it.
            - Sean

Comment

Great engine choice ;)

I've driven a Superlight with the Freestyle inboard suspension. It was amazing! Sounds like you will have a great car when it is completed.

-John
              Westfield SEiW
              2.0L Duratec
              Throttle Steer

Comment

What's that strange thing covered w/ cardboard in front of the passenger compartment? It looks really odd:D
                Chris
                ------------

Comment

I believe that is the front air brake. The strange thing covered with cardboard behind the passenger compartment is the rear air brake which helps maintain balance :)

-John
                  Westfield SEiW
                  2.0L Duratec
                  Throttle Steer

Comment

Originally posted by moosetestbestanden View Post
                    What's that strange thing covered w/ cardboard in front of the passenger compartment? It looks really odd:D
                    The "To" and "From" information is contained on that "info panel" (removable!).

Actually, I requested no windscreen, just aero from new, but Gary talked me out of it. He said that if I did that, the cost reduction given for speccing the chassis starter kit minus windscreen is next-to-nothing, and if I decided I wanted to add one after-the-fact, I would be paying the full cost of the windscreen, which is significantly more than the reduction from new. It is simply more economical to get the "info panel" windscreen, for shipping, and just replace it later. He put captive nuts in the scuttle so I can quick-swap when I get an aeroscreen or Brooklands or whatever. The man knows his shizz-ness on these cars inside and out, for sure.
                    Last edited by Sean-og; November 17, 2007, 01:54 AM.
                    - Sean

Comment

Car arrived this afternoon (!)

Woo-hoo!!!

Now, to put it all together...
                      Last edited by Sean-og; November 20, 2007, 10:07 PM.
                      - Sean

Comment

Oh yes, that is beautiful. Have fun putting it together and, remember: avoid wild gesticulations while holding sharp objects.

Comment

Sean - Congrats, looks great, even without an engine. Those stacked chairs make me nervous though. Visions of the top one crashing into the Seven.

Any particular reason(s) you had it assembled in England?

Steve
                          St. Louis

Comment

Originally posted by mont7 View Post
                            Sean - Congrats, looks great, even without an engine. Those stacked chairs make me nervous though. Visions of the top one crashing into the Seven.

Any particular reason(s) you had it assembled in England?

Steve
                            St. Louis
                            Thanks! Chairs are secured, but entire garage is getting "refreshed" this weekend. Won't be starting assembly until the gearbox arrives next week.

Just figured Gary at Freestyle would be more familiar with the Freestyle setup than anybody here in the U.S.
                            - Sean

Comment

Congratulations Sean. Finally. :D

YHM
                              Chris
                              ------------

Comment

Working...
                              X