Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHP task

Hi,

I went to the CHP's station in Culver City today for the VIN check on my car, everything went smooth.... they were very professional.
    As it turns out, they didnt have to place a new VIN tag on my car, there was a number stamped on the side of the peddle box and according to the inspecting officer.... that number sufficed and didnt require anything else.

Does anyone know of a SMOG Ref in the Los Angeles area?

Thanks,
    Scott

I went to the guy at El Camino College. He was good and totally walked me through it.

Comment

I went to Pierce College but the DMV should be able to tell you where the closest one to you is.

Perhaps there is one at Santa Monica City College??

Doug

Comment

Another thought is when you do go to the Smog ref, he is the guy that puts the SB100 sticker on the car.

If you can, don't let them put it on the horizontal panel under the brake and clutch master cylinders. A brake fluid spill washes away all the ink. I have mine on the vertical panel behind them but further away might be better.

If you remember, ask the Smog / SB100 sticker guy what to do if your sticker gets destroyed in this manner.

Doug

Comment

I called the number on the paperwork the DMV sent me, they set an appointment for me at LA Trade Tech in downtown Los Angeles... I'm thinking about trailering my car there because I havent taken it on the freeway yet.

Comment

Working...
          X