Growing weary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growing weary

Well my car is still in the shop waiting for the new new replacement rear fender(last one was cracked from Caterham). My mechanic says the Odysssey battery I got for it last year is totally dead; he's tried using his dryfit charger on it. So I think I have really come to the point now where I just feel that I will never drive this car again. I going to be selling it in the next few weeks, so if you hear of anyone, you can send them my way. As a last resort I'll post it on eBay.
    Maybe in the next year or two I'll buy another one when I have the time to enjoy it.

I think that the O battery has a two year warranty. I had mine replaced last year about twenty months into it @ no charge. At least try taking it back to where you bought it, if possible. I installed a cutoff to prevent it from draining during periods of non-use.

I'm very sorry to hear that you will be selling the 7. You are known to be a serious 7er and I wish we had seen you & the 7 in action. Hope to see you in another 7 one day!!!

Comment

Update

I feel I'm being ignored. I have been without my car for 6 months now. The second fender from Caterham finally made it to Denver but when Cody unpacked it, there was another crack in the fiberglass. I'm so frustrated. I want to get in a few rides in her before I sold it; before the summer ends also. This situation has turned into a mockery. I think I might just have them put on the old one, at my expense, and just start driving it. I'd like to get it back in my possession so I can put a battery cut off on it.

Comment

You have my full sympathy.....I had an accident 3 years ago and I was already pi$$ed that it took 6 or 7 weeks (rear wing, tank, rear ali panels, some chassis repair). Apparently that was not too bad then. But same thing... got the new rear wing and it was the wrong side.

Gert

Comment

Did you order it from CaterhamDenver or direct? A few years ago, my old mechanic in SB got totally pissed off with Denver and ordered parts from England. They came in way overpriced and he had to eat the difference because of his tussle with Denver (I wasn't going to).

Comment

Different story here because I have a Birkin....

Back then it was not a big problem because there was an importer and dealers who stocked the relevant parts. Nowadays there is no official importer but the previous dealers still have some inventory. Otherwise I have to order online from South Africa. Oh well, if it was supposed to be easy I should have bought a Boxter.

Gert

Comment

I always get my parts from CC direct. I've found it to be cheaper by and large and shipping has never proven to be a problem. All small items come via Royal Post. Larger items come by private and somewhat more expensive means.
              Chris
              ------------
              A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

my sympathies as well. the previous 3 days were trying as mine sat undisturbed with all the rain.:(

Hoprfully the pace changes and u can make ur decision sooner.
                2002 SV zetec/sierra; yellow over green

Comment

Still waiting

After being gone for a month and having the parts for almost 3 weeks, I kinda thought upon my return the car would be ready to go. Nope, they have the parts but there was another excuse for the fender not being put on. It's been 8 months now.
                  One thing of note though; when I went to see the car yesterday, the California Car Cover I bought almost 2 years ago was shredded in several spots. It looks like fatigue from sun but the car sat most of the time (a year) in doors and the rest in decent shade. It was ripped in all the corners and a couple of other spots. This all happened in the last 2 weeks since I brought the car to the shop. Very strange how it all happened at once; nothing before. Well the model was the Plushweave, so I called the manufacturer and Margaret in customer service said no problem, gave me a RA# , told me to cut a 4" square out and mail it back with the barcode/part# tag and she will replace the unit. Nice

Comment

Working...
                  X