Backed into again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backed into again

I have my car here with me at my house and the neighbour's mother backed into it with her Cherokee. Looks like I'll need a new rear wing. Anyone know a competent garage in or around Redondo?

Commiseration....that sucks.
    My experience is: if you want to do it right, do it yourself. Especially for such an (apparently?) trivial replacement job.

Gert

Comment

If it's just the wing you may be able to do it yourself. As I remember from my build the are attached w/ nuts n bolts. If there's aluminum damage call Jon Stokes. He had his car fixed somewhere on the west side I think.
      Chris
      ------------
      A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

Ya I know I can do it myself but someone else's insurance will pay so hey why not. Also it can be tricky to rivet the stone guards on.

Comment

Originally posted by venom7
          Ya I know I can do it myself but someone else's insurance will pay so hey why not. Also it can be tricky to rivet the stone guards on.
          Good point. I remember when I had the accident Michael Bedard recommended a guy somewhere in the Valley. I ended up with another shop but you may want to ask him.

Gert

Comment

Or, stated another way...

Personally I think I'd prefer to do it myself. Coz I've done it before and whoever you find likely hasn't.

You want the car for how long, Mr. Bodyshop guy?

Take the check and get 2 CF wings!
            Chris
            ------------
            A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

One of the practical problems might be to get a check you normally must supply a quotation from a professional outfit to the insurance. In my case the check was also made out to the same business. But that was a $3000 deal, anyway.

Maybe the dealership can help with that?

Gert

Comment

Working...
              X