X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ultimate engine for your Caterham

If you haven't seen it yet:
    http://rst-v8.com/

Be sure to click on the gallery button and then on the video section to view (and hear!) some rather interesting demos.

/Magnus F.

Mike Biddle had one of these on the USA tour. Unfortunately I didn't get an opportunity for a ride (although he did offer) but I did hear the engine, watched him take off moderately hard from a stop, and obtained a first hand report from a passenger. The sound was magical and reminded me of an older F1 car. The acceleration... Well let's just say that I don't doubt the engine puts out the claimed 400hp.

-John
    Westfield SEiW
    2.0L Duratec
    Throttle Steer

Comment

I can't say for sure, but it is almost certainly Mr. Biddle's car shown in the vast "photos" section of the rst-V8 web pages. I too saw the car (at Infineon) and spoke with Mike for a while. It has the best of damn near every go-fast, lose-weight, handle-better aftermarket item available. Even more impressive is that this newly-developed engine, when I saw it, had just completed close to 4,000 miles across the Southwestern U.S. without any problems other than some minor high-altitude mapping issues (so I heard, as I wasn't on the tour). They have some serious engineering talent at RST, for sure. Too bad I can't afford one.
      - Sean

Comment

Mike's car was gorgeous. I just uploaded a few photos my wife took of it in the garage at Vail to my personal gallery.

-John
        Westfield SEiW
        2.0L Duratec
        Throttle Steer

Comment

Just think: no more whining about which side the exhaust exits from. Now both driver and passenger will be deaf (please see other thread)!
          Chris
          ------------
          A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

Working...
          X