Announcement

Collapse

Seven Wiki Available

Please check out our wiki available at:

http://www.californiacaterhamclub.com/wiki7
See more
See less

BBC's Top Gear on Discovery channel - Wednesdays at 10 p.m.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC's Top Gear on Discovery channel - Wednesdays at 10 p.m.

Surely there will be a Seven on this program(me) eventually...
    - Sean

Oops - looks like 10:00 p.m. is a replay; it is on at 7:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.
    - Sean

Comment

Ariel Atom

I saw the show where they highlighted this car:

They drove the supercharged 300 hp version. I want one!
      Stan

Comment

Me too!!!! There are few around LA and some one in our group is trying to get them to join us @ the Streets. I really want to see one on the track!! 8)

Comment

There was an Atom at the local All British Field Meet last month, so I finally had the opportunity to see one up close. It was impressively built but it made the Westfield look fairly luxurious in comparison. The biggest surprise for me though was the weight -- the owner claimed it tipped the scales at over 1400lbs. I thought it would be much lighter than that.

-John
          Westfield SEiW
          2.0L Duratec
          Throttle Steer

Comment

There was one on display at the Monterey Historics. It was a big car, at least to my eye. I can see why it weighs more than might be expected from looking at pictures.

Comment

Saw the Atom also. Newer one with the Honda engine. Much cooler was the Bugatti Veyron. Too bad the kid/driver filling the gas tank wasnt into talking much. I have to say it was some of the best vintage racing since I started going 5 years ago. The pre war race on Saturday was a nail bitter and the last race on Sunday, the Trans Am's, was the closest it has ever been.

Comment

atom

I'm in contact with Niki who is promising to attend the Shelby event with his Atom. I think everyone will be intrigued with this unusual version of the seven concept. What if itis faster than all the Caterhams? Anybody experienced with sugar in the gas tank?

Comment

Anybody experienced with sugar in the gas tank?
                  Yes. It doesn't work. Neither does a potato up the spout (they come flying out w/ gusto! WooHoo!).

Air outta tires, er, tyres will be your best bet.
                  Chris
                  ------------
                  A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

Dennis Palatov of dpcars.net fame recently test drove (and ordered!) an Atom. You can read the write-up at: www.dpcars.net click on the BMW M5, and the Atom stuff is on page 2.

Stan

Comment

Working...
                    X