X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rzempel
    replied
    Originally posted by GBS ZERO 1 View Post
    Anyone got any recommendations on anodizers that will deal with small lots and a good minimum lot fee?
    I'm interested to know this as well.

Leave a comment:

• GBS ZERO 1
    replied
    I found a hot rod shop in upland that had a louver press. He has a 3, 4, 5 and 6 inch punch I think, mine are 4 inch. That's the only thing I had this guy do. I did the rest of the fabrication myself. If anyone needs any fab help or pointers just let me know.

For those following my activities after the Dyno day I changed the oil and filter with about 100 miles on the engine and the Dyno run and got the expected nice metal sheen in the pan and filter. I changed the filter this morning after another 150 and had no metal in the filter so things look good.

I visited A1 foam and fabric in Santa Ana this week and picked up a leather backed vinyl Hyde (a MB spec material for convertibles) to cover the center console, shifter and handbrake boots. Chomping at the bit to get them covered but will have to wait until I get the parts back from the anadizer. I have been using Embee in Santa Ana but the last parts they did for me they dropped and trashed about 12 inch's of welding. Anyone go any recommendations on anodizers that will deal with small lots and a good minimum lot fee?

Leave a comment:

• TurboWood
    replied
    The louvers look great (as does the rest of the car). What else can this guy do?

Leave a comment:

• GBS ZERO 1
    replied
    Louvers done. Finish interior and paint next.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• IanBruce
    replied
    Originally posted by GBS ZERO 1 View Post
    Dropped the bonnet of this morning to get louvered. If anyone needs louvered it took me week to find this guy,happy to pass on souce pending outcome of the job.
    Pictures please.

Leave a comment:

• GBS ZERO 1
    replied
    Dropped the bonnet of this morning to get louvered. If anyone needs louvered it took me week to find this guy,happy to pass on souce pending outcome of the job.

Leave a comment:

• GWise
    replied
    I forgot to check back here last night to see how it went. Congrats! I look forward to getting to socal one of these days to check out your car.

Leave a comment:

• Sean
    replied
    Congratulations! :)

Leave a comment:

• magnusfeuer
    replied
    Yes!

Congratulations! I look forward to see and map your car.

/Magnus F.

Leave a comment:

• GBS ZERO 1
    replied
    This morning I visited the smog ref for the second time, happily he signed the car off so it was off to the DMV without an appointment, couldn't wait for my Friday appointment. 3 hours later I had my full registration, all done. Just have to finish the build now. See you all Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• GBS ZERO 1
    replied
    I have been able to make an appointment to go back see the Smog Referee for next Wednesday 11th at 11:30am. I have made the changes he required so it should just be a matter of signing the car off. I already have an appointment with the DMV for Friday 13th which I can now make. So if all goes according to plan I should be street legal on the 13th and can drive to the Dyno day with a CA plate on.

Leave a comment:

• GBS ZERO 1
    replied
    Getting closer to full registration. Yesterday I went to see the Smog Referee. All looks good with the exception of one hose missing. I have the PCV valve tied into the intake but I was missing a second hose from the valve cover to the air cleaner, will be rectified tonight. Then I was off to the brake and light inspection all passed with flying colors. So I am one hose away from full registration. Unfortunately the BAR reservation system does not release the next set of appointments until Monday 9th Feb but I am calling everyday to check for cancelations.

Leave a comment:

• GBS ZERO 1
    replied
    A clock is a must, its neat trick to show passengers how it runs backwards when a 7 is running flat out

Leave a comment:

• GWise
    replied
    A clock may prevent me from missing my curfew... Not a bad idea I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• rzempel
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean View Post
    Clock!?
    Why not? i have a clock from a B-17 in my Birkin.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X