• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New owner in Beverly Hills....

Simon Cowell

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ills-home.html

www.morgansegal.com

The funny thing is my wife goes " What is that car a Morgan ? " and I said "No that's a Caterham but there is a Morgan driving it " -delise

Judging by the wings the boy's got himself a Fattie. Those wings are on my to-do list for sure.

Steve Tyler of Aerosmith fame is an owner as well. Pity those fellas don't come around here, eh?
    Chris
    ------------
    A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

I can barely fit tools, a sweatshirt and lunch in mine. Where will he find the space for his ego?
      Still in the massive grin stage. Damn bugs

Comment

BC indicates it is a CSR. Surprised he didn't opt for the FIA bar.
        I wonder if he got it through Randy?
        | | Sean

Comment

The only way there is room for his ego is to leave the top off.
          He did do well on UK Top Gear in the Star in a reasonably priced car.
          Last edited by heisssenberrg; October 3, 2013, 10:05 AM.

Comment

He joined the club, so may want to keep the insults to a minimum.....

www.morgansegal.com

The funny thing is my wife goes " What is that car a Morgan ? " and I said "No that's a Caterham but there is a Morgan driving it " -delise

Comment

Originally posted by mopho View Post
              He joined the club, so may want to keep the insults to a minimum.....
              Well gentlemen. If this is true, Simon, welcome to our little neighborhood. The only singing you'll hear around these parts are engines. And how!
              Chris
              ------------
              A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

Gentlemen - Please be civil.

I don't care about the background of those who decide to join us, as long as they have an interest in Sevens.

If Simon Cowell does need local help with his Caterham (for example getting it registered, as is obvious from the photo), we are probably the best resource for him to turn to.

He has also proved himself to be quick on a track, which, should he decide to join, will make our future track events more interesting.

Any more insults directed at current or potential members will be deleted.

Sincerely,
                /Magnus F - You know, the board admin.

Comment

Magnus - In fairness to all, Mr. Cowell has become quite famous for insulting others in front of millions of viewers. And appears proud of it. In other words, he should fit in quite well here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
                    BC indicates it is a CSR. Surprised he didn't opt for the FIA bar.
                    I wonder if he got it through Randy?

This was done as a personal favor to Tony Fernandez by Jon in Denver. I had no involvement.

It is a CSR. I find the non-FIA bar odd looking now.
                    http://www.zenoscarsusa.com Official importer of the Zenos E10
                    http://www.theadrenalinegallery.com Your USA dealer for Levante Cars, Origin Cars, Minotaur Racing, Sadev Gearboxes, RST V8 Engines, and more... How fast do you want to go?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Dawg View Post
                      Magnus - In fairness to all, Mr. Cowell has become quite famous for insulting others in front of millions of viewers. And appears proud of it. In other words, he should fit in quite well here.
                      Excuse me, but I take exception to the "should fit in quite well here" portion of your statements above. Why would this indicate to you fitting in well here? I don't see any insulting done here, other than occasionally between two members who already know each other personally. But I find this statement just a bit insulting to all of us.

As I see it, whatever Mr. Cowell has done professionally to advance his career in the entertainment industry is irrelevant, just as your professional life is irrelevant to your personal outside interests. It always amazes me how people tend to treat the famous by either slamming them or kissing their ass. He's a guy. With a 7. Probably still in the massive grin stage, just like you.

I have no beef with you sir, but your comments on this thread seem uncalled for to me.
                      | | Sean

Comment

I am sorry that you were offended, that was not the intent. My somewhat limited, but quite pleasant, experience with Caterham owners has included plenty of good natured insults (you can call it ribbing or whatever you would like). I do disagree that a person's professional personality is irrelevant to their professional one. I'm sure there are many people in the news on a regular basis that you would not grant a complete pass to just because they had the good sense to buy a 7. Generally, the way a person conducts his/herself professionally is a good indication of how they conduct themselves away from work. And Mr. Cowell has provided a fair amount of insults to others and I have no doubt that he can handle ones directed at him quite nicely.

Again, I am sorry I offended you.

Comment

I guess I have not watched TV for a year (except occasionally local news and the Colbert Report).
                          I don't even know who that guy is.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Dawg View Post
                            I am sorry that you were offended, that was not the intent. My somewhat limited, but quite pleasant, experience with Caterham owners has included plenty of good natured insults (you can call it ribbing or whatever you would like). I do disagree that a person's professional personality is irrelevant to their professional one. I'm sure there are many people in the news on a regular basis that you would not grant a complete pass to just because they had the good sense to buy a 7. Generally, the way a person conducts his/herself professionally is a good indication of how they conduct themselves away from work. And Mr. Cowell has provided a fair amount of insults to others and I have no doubt that he can handle ones directed at him quite nicely.

Again, I am sorry I offended you.
                            I understood that you were talking about ribbing and didn't find it that offensive, but I think ribbing should only be done when you know someone personally and sometimes a celebrities on stage persona is not how they are in real life or amongst friends. If Simon does actually join ( I was bluffing, but he has been invited to join) and wants to play around like that, then let him initiate it and then we dish it right back

I don't think anyone here went too far, but the comments that were turning up on Blatchat, Facebook, and to some degree the usa7's site were pretty nasty, so Magnus and I just want to nip it in the bud.

Also keep in mind that unlike many of the people on those other sites, myself and others live here in LA (Simon lives around 3-4 miles away from me) so there is a real chance we will have a run in with him at some point.
                            Personally, I don't know much about him, and have barely ever seen him on TV, but I will reserve my opinion of him until I meet him.

www.morgansegal.com

Comment

So, Simon,

I was wondering whether the 7 windscreen or the Bugatti Veyron air brake is bigger?

Comment

Working...
                              X