Announcement

Collapse

Seven Wiki Available

Please check out our wiki available at:

http://www.californiacaterhamclub.com/wiki7
See more
See less

I didn't even know that Alpine even existed any more.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't even know that Alpine even existed any more.

And no, moose, we are not talking about Alpina.

/Magnus F.

Here's a couple of pics of Alpine GTAs that I took this past April. These cars, built in the 90s, were an evolution of the A310, which was built in the 80's:

EscondidoRon

'62 Lotus Seven
    '84 Turbo Esprit (x2)
    '14 Evora
    '77 Esprit S1 (RIP) :(

"A man must keep a little back shop where he can be himself without reserve. In solitude alone can he know true freedom." -Michel De Montaigne 1588

Comment

When I was stationed in Germany I saw the Renault R5... almost bought one a few years back

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4285383...pool-renault5/

Comment

They are still located on the outskirts of Dieppe. I visited the joint in 1999 because I was lusting after an A110 for years.
        When I finally sat in one the car was immediately out of the question because it just did not come in my size. Darn!

Comment

Originally posted by Roll a 7 View Post
          They are still located on the outskirts of Dieppe. I visited the joint in 1999 because I was lusting after an A110 for years.
          When I finally sat in one the car was immediately out of the question because it just did not come in my size. Darn!
          I understand. I was pretty serious about getting a '74-'75 A110 with the fuel injected 1600…. Until I tried to fit inside.
          EscondidoRon

'62 Lotus Seven
          '84 Turbo Esprit (x2)
          '14 Evora

"A man must keep a little back shop where he can be himself without reserve. In solitude alone can he know true freedom." -Michel De Montaigne 1588

Comment

My heart was set on a late 60s 1600cc A110 with the uprated motor in French racing blue motif. When i finally got to sit in one and discovered that I would never be able to drive with my knees in my ears it was a moment of profound automotive disappointment. Saw one while cruising in rural Mexico some years back and still regret not trying to pry it loose. There were about 35-40 made in Mexico for some unknown and odd reason.

Ron, I hope to hook up with you in SD county one of these days for a blat or an autocross. I will be @ the Q the weekend of June 23-24. There should be a few other 7s present and making some noise in the parking lot. Drop by if you run out of projects that weekend.

Do you know the gent in Escondido that used to race a Lotus 7 S4? Or, Brad B. with the Caterham?

Comment

Originally posted by Roll a 7 View Post

Ron, I hope to hook up with you in SD county one of these days for a blat or an autocross. I will be @ the Q the weekend of June 23-24. There should be a few other 7s present and making some noise in the parking lot. Drop by if you run out of projects that weekend.

Do you know the gent in Escondido that used to race a Lotus 7 S4? Or, Brad B. with the Caterham?
              I know Brad. I see him now and again. His yellow Cat was down last time I was by his place around Christmas time. I forget exactly what was/is the issue, nothing major, but a weekend or two to get it operational IIRC.

1st I've heard about an Escondido local with a racing Seven. It'd be cool to meet him.

Too early to say about meeting up at the Q on the weekend 23-24. I'm heading out for Goodwood on the 28th so that weekend before my departure is likely to be fairly tight. Sounds interesting though.
              EscondidoRon

'62 Lotus Seven
              '84 Turbo Esprit (x2)
              '14 Evora

Comment

Working...
              X