Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnCh
    replied
    Good choice! I have them in both the Westfield and the Miata. Easy to adjust and very comfortable webbing.

-John

Leave a comment:

• magnusfeuer
    replied
    John, I did indeed get the Profi II from Sube Sports http://subesports.com/products/cat/H...th/prodID/1846

John West was done with my car today (pics are coming), and I took it directly to Sube Sports where I let the owner, Chad, have a look at it. Chad gave thumbs up for the lowered floor and the subframe that the seat now is installed on, and we agreed on that the Profi II was the best choice for my setup.

/Magnus F.

Leave a comment:

• JohnCh
    replied
    I prefer pull-up style on the passenger side, since as Tom notes, they are easier to tighten. However, I prefer pull-down adjusters for the driver’s side, since I rarely make changes there, and they naturally position the excess webbing over the sides of the seat, rather than crisscrossing over the buckle, where they get more in the way. For the best of both worlds, check out the Schroth Profi II with their Flexi system. It allows you to independently configure each belt as either pull-down or pull-up, so you can mix and match.

-John

Leave a comment:

• Doug Liedblad
    replied
    Magnus

If you are getting new belts, may I suggest that you source them with pull down adjusters? The stock ones with the pull up adjusters are silly since there is no room to pull them up while sitting in the car! My drivers belt is a pull down and it makes it MUCH easier to tighten.

I think it's a matter of preference, as you can see I've gone the other way and am much happier.

Leave a comment:

• Elv15
    replied
    Magnus,

If you are getting new belts, may I suggest that you source them with pull up adjusters? The stock ones with the pull down adjusters are silly since there is no room to pull them down! You can have them custom made by luke. My passenger belt is a pull up and it makes it MUCH easier to tighten.

Tom

Leave a comment:

• GWise
    replied
    If you're looking for another option, I've worked with Alex @ battleversion before and he does excellent work.

http://battleversion.com/store/ (located in Pomona)

He has a 7 and came from a porsche fabrication background, but now does a lot of drift cars.

Leave a comment:

• mca
    replied
    I spoke with John about my fabrication needs and he's going to fit me in after he finishes your car and one other, about 2 weeks from now. It won't be cheap, but the shop rate is fair at $70/hr, and these things take time. Your car looks great and I said hello for you.

Once I get these headlights mounted and the parking brake installed (need to pass brake and light inspection) I can travel farther without fear of being caught in the dark.

Aaron

Leave a comment:

• magnusfeuer
    replied
    There's nothing secret about that:
    John West at Dan Finks. 714 841 6200

Say hello from me.

/Magnus F.

Leave a comment:

• mca
    replied
    Nevermind, I found it. Not 30 seconds after I replied I looked it up on the map. Heading over right now to talk to John West at Dan Fink Metalworks.

Leave a comment:

• mca
    replied
    Magnus,

Would you mind sharing the name/number of your fabricator? I remember you shared with me at the Bisimoto dyno day but I've misplaced the information. PM me if you'd rather not share publicly.

I need to have some headlight mounts and parking brake caliper brackets fabbed up so I can complete my SPCNS registration. I live here in Huntington so I'm hoping he's somewhat reasonable. I would take my car to Blackbird Fabworx but Moti is all the way up in Chatsworth. I'd appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    Aaron

Leave a comment:

• magnusfeuer
    replied
    Nigel,

My fabricator (in Huntington Beach) estimates that he can build a full cage for $2500 or so. He can probably whip up a roll bar for a lot less than that. The easiest approach for a 6 point harness will be Caterham's race harness, which I may still go for. Either tomorrow or Saturday, I'll drive down to Sube Sports and test fit a number of different harnesses, just to check out the alternatives. See subesports.com for details.

/Magnus F.

Leave a comment:

• NigelT
    replied
    Hey Magnus, My 98 Caterham still has the original 4-point belts so I'm looking to upgrade. Figure I may as well go with 6-points. Any recommendations on manufacturer and making secure fitment to the floor?

Since my roll bar is not FIA and the Caterham FIA bar is still back-ordered I'm thinking of having one made/fitted that's a little taller. Any thoughts on that?

Nigel

Leave a comment:

• magnusfeuer
    replied
    I have a cage, but do not currently clear the straight line between the front hoop and the rear roll bar.

I'm aiming to do some light AROSC racing and am bringing the car up to NASA spec. However, the main reason for the cage, new belts, etc is to increase my own chance of survival in case I get hosed. Family, etc.

/Magnus F.

Leave a comment:

• moosetestbestanden
    replied
    Originally posted by magnusfeuer View Post
    Sean:

I now clear the broom test with 1.75". If I scrunch a bit during tech, I should manage the regulated 2"....

Then I'll make a new attempt with new FIA belts.

/Magnus F.
    What am I missing here?

Broom test? Isn't that the straight line between the top of the roll bar and the top of the windshield test? For what? Didn't you install a full cage some time ago?

You racing the car now?

Leave a comment:

• magnusfeuer
    replied
    Sean:

I googled a few other floor lowering projects, and looked at the Caterham version. I then drove down to my fabricator, who I will probably marry one of these days just to save money, and showed him what I got. Within 20 minutes we had the design that he has mocked up in the images. I went down last week and tried it out. I now clear the broom test with 1.75". If I scrunch a bit during tech, I should manage the regulated 2". The seat and crotch strap mount will be reinforced and bolted into the frame to ensure that the seat doesn't rip from the floor on impact.

Then I'll make a new attempt with new FIA belts.

/Magnus F.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X