Announcement

Collapse

Seven Wiki Available

Please check out our wiki available at:

http://www.californiacaterhamclub.com/wiki7
See more
See less

Just bought some carbon fiber bling! (moosetest lookie here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought some carbon fiber bling! (moosetest lookie here!)

:D

www.morgansegal.com

The funny thing is my wife goes " What is that car a Morgan ? " and I said "No that's a Caterham but there is a Morgan driving it " -delise

That's nice!!!

I'm showing my age but I have one of the all first carbon fiber bike frames commercially sold... a Kestrel. Think I got it around 1990

Comment

I don't like sharing the road with cars. This is my weapon of choice: http://www.ninerbikes.com/air9carbon
      It's not built yet but should weigh in at about 18lbs!
      John Norris
      '91 Caterham 1700 c/f
      Green/Aluminum W/Clamshells
      '94 BMW 325I Racecar
      '94 BMW 325IS Racecar

Comment

Originally posted by Mondo View Post
        That's nice!!!

I'm showing my age but I have one of the all first carbon fiber bike frames commercially sold... a Kestrel. Think I got it around 1990
        Well that perhaps puts you pretty close in age to me
        This is what I have been riding for the past 16 years (it has new parts that I put on it a few months ago in the photo)

I bought the BMC after I made the mistake of "browsing" a nice bike shop in SM and discovering this frame marked 50% off on closeout, and it just happened to be my size :rolleyes:

Originally posted by BMWRACER View Post
        I don't like sharing the road with cars. This is my weapon of choice: http://www.ninerbikes.com/air9carbon
        It's not built yet but should weigh in at about 18lbs!
        That looks pretty sweet, are you going with a single speed on it?

While I would like to some day get a mountain bike, the problem for me is that I would have to first put it on the car and drive an hour or more just to get to a place to ride it, so it wouldn't get much use. I ride my road bike nearly every day and can leave from my front door.
        But yes, cars suck when you're on the bike and so do people. I had a bad crash on Tuesday when an idiot jogger didn't look before he decided to run out in front of me, I was going fast and nailed him hard. Went over the bars and hit him with my helmeted head and then went down. I am still pretty sore and had a headache for a while. :(
        www.morgansegal.com

The funny thing is my wife goes " What is that car a Morgan ? " and I said "No that's a Caterham but there is a Morgan driving it " -delise

Comment

For those of you who don't know the meme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

I have a secret past where I, when young and beautiful, did a *lot* of biking as a trainer for a Swedish bike club. Two tours to camps in Italy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponte_di_Piave), where I almost died in a car accident where I fell and bounced my unhelmeted head from the tire sidewall of an approaching car.

Good times.

/Magnus F.

Comment

I once got a really nasty paper cut from a bike magazine I was browsing (unhelmeted). :)
            Dang Magnus, sounds like if your head had been just a little bit to the left, right, up, or down, you would have had a seriously bad hair day.

I would say "Nice bikes there, Morgan!", but I don't know much about them. I only assume they must be good ones because I imagine nobody would buy a cheapie bike frame at Wal-Mart and post photos of it here. The BMC certainly looks the part of a high-end ride.
            Last edited by Sean; July 22, 2011, 11:55 AM.
            | | Sean

Comment

Hey Morgan. This is my single speed

http://www.ninerbikes.com/one9

It's great for rides local to West LA. Westridge, Sullivans single track and Sullivans firetrail are about 15 minutes from work (you might want to think about that)

The Air Carbon is going to be a 1x10. That is better for rides from my house. I live in Calabasas and ride from my house to the trails in Chesebro canyon.

Riding keeps me slim enough to fit in my car!!
              John Norris
              '91 Caterham 1700 c/f
              '94 BMW 325I Racecar
              '94 BMW 325IS Racecar

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post

I would say "Nice bikes there, Morgan!", but I don't know much about them. I only assume they must be good ones because I imagine nobody would buy a cheapie bike frame at Wal-Mart and post photos of it here. The BMC certainly looks the part of a high-end ride.

I would say in car terms it is about a Porsche GT3, great bike and fairly expensive, but not the best or most expensive there is. The Tour de France is about to be won on a BMC this year though (more rider than bike)
                www.morgansegal.com

Comment

Almost done. Just need some bottle cages and a few other little details

www.morgansegal.com

Comment

That looks great!!

How much "lightness did you add?" (what does it weigh?)

I think it needs these:

http://www.bike-ahead.com/Produkt
                    John Norris
                    '91 Caterham 1700 c/f
                    '94 BMW 325I Racecar
                    '94 BMW 325IS Racecar

Comment

Thanks. I think it is a bit over 16lbs at the moment, probably could get it down to about 15lbs or less with some better components (maybe next year)
                      www.morgansegal.com

Comment

I don't see a kickstand or bell on the handlebar;)

Seriously, it's awesome

Comment

Maybe now you can keep up with that guy on the electric bike! :)
                          | | Sean

Comment

No shit!

www.morgansegal.com

Comment

Nice!

Just need some bottle cages
                              Those things are heavy! And for what?

Just remember what WC Fields said about water: "Never touch the stuff. Fish fuck in it" :D

P.S.: Keep the DeRosa
                              Chris
                              ------------
                              A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

Working...
                              X