Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• athens7
    replied
    Georgia's not so bad, now that we got the state law on assembled vehicles passed. In the summer of 2007 (between the time I placed my order and the time the car arrived!) the Department of Revenue, which handles vehicle titling, administratively banned assembled cars and custom motorcycles because some bureaucrat decided they posed a liability risk to the state. It took 9 months and a session of the Georgia Legislature, but now it's an inspection and a $150 fee, coupled with the usual build history documents. It's all worth it on the first drive!

Leave a comment:

• V-Robb
    replied
    Ah, no worse than the drunk driving test performed by Dr Michael Hfuhruhurr in The Man With Two Brains...

Anyone...?

Bueller...?

Leave a comment:

• prabjohns
    replied
    Congratulations!
    That's great. I bought a used California car so I didn't have to go through the process, everything I read abut doing it sounded a bit daunting and time consuming.

Leave a comment:

• V-Robb
    replied
    Thanks, Brad. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I read somewhere that registering a Seven in Georgia is even worse than here in Cali...

Leave a comment:

• athens7
    replied
    Congratulations!

It doesn't seem to matter what state you live in, titling/tagging a 7 can be a real grail quest (14 months start to finish in my case).

Leave a comment:

• V-Robb
    started a topic Fred is legal!!

Fred is legal!!

Dropped off all the papers to DMV this morning. Clerk was interested to see what it was, so I pulled out my phone and showed her the pictures. "Looks like quite a toy" she says. I agree.
    A few minutes of hemming and hawing then she hands me my plates!!

Finally done - Woo Hoo!
Working...
X