The Grip!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Grip!!!!!!!!!

Took Fred out on a proper run through the canyons Saturday with some of my V-Rod buddies. Met up at a Starbux nearby where they could gawk at the Seven. Approved by all, and many wanted to ride but I had a passenger today so next time.
    Ran through the Malibu canyons on Mulholland, with side tracks along Piuma and Stunt road. Many high and low speed corners to test Fred. Simply put, the grip through the corners is crazy! Never, never got any complaints or slip from the tires, and I was starting to go through some corners like an idiot just to see how far you can push...! Only time the back end actually moved out, and even then only for 5 to 10 feet at most, was when getting back on the 101 from Topanga Canyon - gassed it through the corner as you go up the ramp. The counter steer needed to hold it was both minimal and reflexive - didn't even have to think about it I just did it. Man, such predictable and controllable power sliding like that is just too much!
    My buds on the V-Rods were setting the pace - I followed. They tried to lose me once in a while around certain corners and straights but couldn't. I had to back off many times due to the ridiculous cornering speeds you can hold in a Seven! When stopped at the few scenic points to get some pics one of the riders commented to me, "tried to lose you a couple times back there, but everytime I looked back there you were. Looked like I was being chased by a Formula 1 car!" High praise indeed.
    Not a bad day's drive, put on about 100 miles. Gotta get out more, the addiction grows...
    Attached Files

Car looks good! And be careful with your license :rolleyes:

Are these the RIAL wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by slomove View Post
      Car looks good! And be careful with your license :rolleyes:

Are these the RIAL wheels?
      look like Caterham R300 wheels from KN. I like that red piping at the base of the center tunnel.
      2002 SV zetec/sierra; yellow over green

Comment

Give it a little time and you'll leave those V-rod riders in your mirror and be on the tail of some sportbikes (except for the straights);)

Comment

Working...
        X