X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB Caterham SV or Elise

Hello,

Greetings from Bozeman MT.

I've been in the process of shopping for a sports car and have narrowed it down to two choices -

1) a Caterham SV

2) a Lotus Elise

So if anyone out there has either available please let me know. I have money in hand and I'm ready to buy.

Thanks and I look forward to your reply,

Dave

I guess while both cars are definitely fun and on the light/ easy handling side they are sooo different. The Se7en is a pure track and weekend tour toy, that requires tinkering, tweaking and is, kind of rough, noisy, windy..... I know some people use it for daily commute but I do that only a few times a year. The Elise (sat in one, never drove one) is almost a real car. Not exactly practical but you can drive it to work ot to a dealership for maintenance etc.

You should try to get a long test drive in both cars. I would not trade my Birkin for any Elise in the world. Or, maybe I would and get a meaner Se7en for the money :)

Gert

Comment

Hey there,

Thanks for the reply..........I agree with you about the different characters of the cars.

I'll be using the car for autocross and fun use only..........I work from home so my commute is putting on some shoes and walking out to the garage. So a "real" car isn't required. I currently race a 1976 Mazda RX3 ( fully striped, full flow exhaust....etc) that is as crude as they come........fast but crude so I know what you are talking about.

So either the SV or the Elise would serve me well..........one has a radio the other doesn't.

Anyone need to get rid of one?

Dave

Comment

Be advised that when you get a 7 you never really get just a 7. You also get beset by a disease, an affliction, a never-ending, permanent condition called Upgradeitis. It's unavoidable. We all have it and it sure can be expensive to treat.
        Chris
        ------------
        A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

Originally posted by moosetestbestanden
          Be advised that when you get a 7 you never really get just a 7. You also get beset by a disease, an affliction, a never-ending, permanent condition called Upgradeitis. It's unavoidable. We all have it and it sure can be expensive to treat.
          I look forward to this problem.

Dave

Comment

I know someone in Portland who is selling a black Elise with the touring package. PM me if you are interested and I'll put you in touch.

-John
            Westfield SEiW
            2.0L Duratec
            Throttle Steer

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCh
              I know someone in Portland who is selling a black Elise with the touring package. PM me if you are interested and I'll put you in touch.

-John
              Thanks....consider yourself PM'ed.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by slomove
                I guess while both cars are definitely fun and on the light/ easy handling side they are sooo different. The Se7en is a pure track and weekend tour toy, that requires tinkering, tweaking and is, kind of rough, noisy, windy..... I know some people use it for daily commute but I do that only a few times a year. The Elise (sat in one, never drove one) is almost a real car. Not exactly practical but you can drive it to work ot to a dealership for maintenance etc.

You should try to get a long test drive in both cars. I would not trade my Birkin for any Elise in the world. Or, maybe I would and get a meaner Se7en for the money :)

Gert
                Dave, I have both an Elise and a Seven and Gert's point is correct. The two are quite different - not substitutes. Also worth considering is that there is a wide range in the personality of Sevens, depending upon the chassis, suspension, motor, options, etc. There is also a big difference between the fed Elise and the Series 1 track cars that Lotus Cars USA sold here a few years ago.

Make sure that you buy what you really want.

Rich

Comment

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your thoughts........I fully understand what you mean. I've had rides in both and while they are very different they both put a huge smile on my face.

I'm looking for a light, quick car to enjoy on the wonderful back roads we have here (watchout for the Elk!) and one I can autocross a dozen times a year.

Wish me luck in my search.

Dave

Comment

Here's the one you really want:

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/...ircuit_car.asp

Hell, Montana State Police won't know the difference. You can always tell em you're Canadian!

Ooooo!
                    Last edited by moosetestbestanden; December 19, 2005, 07:24 PM.
                    Chris
                    ------------
                    A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

Sure that seems like a fun car but does it have an 8 track player?

Dave

Still looking for a 7 to call my own

Comment

How about this?

This will be going up for sale very soon
                        0 miles
                        http://members.cox.net/sugino.m/build/lights_front.JPG

Build thread:

http://www.blatchat.com/T.asp?id=85692

Comment

Wow! I wondered how close you were to completion. A real piece of artwork!!!

Stan

Comment

Originally posted by sugino
                            This will be going up for sale very soon
                            0 miles
                            http://members.cox.net/sugino.m/build/lights_front.JPG

Build thread:

http://www.blatchat.com/T.asp?id=85692
                            You have a PM.

Dave

Comment

Hello All,

Thanks for your help and advice. I just commited to a Birkin S3 and really look forward to running some cones with it.

All the best and Happy New Year.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X