Car cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car cover

Any suggestions on an outdoor car cover? The Caterham one is $400. I'm looking for something fitted.

Rob,
    Try California Car Cover. I have one of their covers for the Elan and really like it. Reasonable prices and local (SF Valley).......
    http://www.calcarcover.com/cover_main.aspx
    DaveG
    Dave Ganzer
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    805-527-6089 h

Comment

A couple years back I decided that I wanted one, but had no idea where to look for a cover for such an obscure (GREAT) car. For the heck of it I posted a query on Blatchat. A bunch of custom made possibilities came back from the members and I ordered one that is OK for occasional outdoor use and fitted to a 7. It's really slick and cost $150-200 delivered to my door. It may not be excatly the one you are seeking, but the guys across the lake will give you plenty of alternatives at various price points. And all will be engineereed just for a 7. It may cost less than USA alternatives. Hope to see your new cover @ the Streets of Willow in April!! 8)

Comment

Rob

If you really want to do it on the cheap I'd recomend going to Kragen's or the like and buy the smallest cover they have and drape it over the car. Or you could drive it more. A rolling stone gathers no moss.

Comment

Rob,

You might check with Rich Kamp at Golden Gate Sevens. He had a new Caterham cover in stock that was originally intended for my R500, but never used for it. If he still has the cover its been there for more than a year, and he may offer you a better price.

Comment

I ordered a cover from California Cover thinking I would get it in a day or two. A couple of days later I received an email saying it would be made in the next week or so. Well long story short I've been away for most of Dec. and Jan. and in all the rain it was flooded a few times; the old cover disintegrated and friends came by to check on it but they were always too late. I need to now dry out the seats, the rest of the car is okay. My ignition cut out back in Dec. and that needs to be looked at before it goes out on the road again.

Comment

Working...
            X