Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeDion Rear tube and ears

Hi All;

In search of a DeDion Rear tube and aluminum ears for a 2001 Superlight. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks Allan
    Attached Files

Did yours get bent?

Doesn't Caterham USA or UK have any?

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Liedblad View Post
      Did yours get bent?

Doesn't Caterham USA or UK have any?
      Hi Doug;

No, not that easy. If I had a bent one, I could fabricate a new one. Bought the car in boxes from a former racer who was campaigning 3 or 4 of these cars and subsequently retired. He had many new parts including the frame so I believe this was his spares pile or one that was shunted and he never finished collecting all the parts. I tried going to Caterham in the UK and US, but the UK site doesn't have the part listed and the US site has no parts. Emails to them received no replies. If I can get a sample in my hands I could make them, but can't find anyone in the NJ area who has them loose. The search continues. Thanks Allan

Comment

Did you try calling Caterham UK? Or emailing the parts department?

They have always been responsive to my parts needs.

Check the for sale section of Blatchat.

Comment

Originally posted by GEARBOX View Post
          I tried going to Caterham in the UK and US, but the UK site doesn't have the part listed...
          I found it there, easily. I just typed the word "tube" into the search box at caterhamparts.co.uk and there were many DeDion tubes listed, for S3, SV, pre-1996, etc. If I had to guess, I'd say you'll probably want part number 79028B, listed for آ£267.75 and showing 9 in stock, but probably best to call them to be sure before ordering.

Originally posted by GEARBOX View Post
          Emails to them received no replies.
          This is not at all surprising. Pretty much the entire Caterham world in the UK runs on either face-to-face or telephone communications. Anything else produces results that are inconsistent, at best. Also, an item listed as "out of stock" on their parts page may well be in stock, and vice-versa, but it has worked well for me many times. Anyway, a phone call can work bloody bleedin' miracles here. :)

If all that fails, my standard answer here is "call Redline". Best of luck, sir.
          | | Sean

Comment

Call the UK parts department (number is on the UK website). They are helpful. I suspect that not all of the available parts are shown in the online store. Alternatively call the US distributor and be patient - last time I called they were only checking messages every other day or so. I bought a replacement dedion tube a couple of years ago from Caterham USA, no problem.

Comment

Working...
            X