Open trailer for free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open trailer for free

I'm offering my open trailer, free, to anyone who would like it. It;s a reasonably lightweight, open car trailer. No brakes, so only suitable for a light car like a Se7en or sand-rail. I'm in La Habra Heights, if you're interested.

Randall

side2.jpg
    front2.jpg
    Last edited by rzempel; March 6, 2016, 07:52 AM. Reason: add crap photos

Looks interesting.
    How much do you think that it weighs? (My pickup only has 85Hp!)
    What are the dimensions.....length of rails and width between the fenders?
    EscondidoRon

'62 Lotus Seven
    '84 Turbo Esprit (x2)
    '14 Evora
    '77 Esprit S1 (RIP) :(

"A man must keep a little back shop where he can be himself without reserve. In solitude alone can he know true freedom." -Michel De Montaigne 1588

Comment

Darn, drove right by yesterday in the pickup. Wish I had known. Oh well... now back in NorCal...

Comment

I don't have any real guess as to the weight. It trailered behind my little Tacoma easily with my Birkin on it between Orange County and San Diego.

Here are some measurements:
        OAL 14.5'
        OAW 8'
        rail length 10'
        inside rail 43"
        outside rail front 64" rear 77"

Comment

Is that a Tr3 frame I see behind the trailer?

Comment

Randall

I'll take it IF i can find a place to store it.

I will know by this afternoon.

Doug

Comment

Now updated to say, I'll take it with the only restriction being it's usable.

I'll send you a PM.

Doug
              Last edited by Doug Liedblad; March 6, 2016, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Liedblad View Post
                Is that a Tr3 frame I see behind the trailer?
                Well spotted. It is a TR# frame. Want one of those?

Comment

Van (vstryker) was first to say he'd take it. Doug is second, if Van backs out.

Lights *did* work...I put new ones on a couple years ago, so they should probably still be OK. If I recall correctly, it's a 2" ball.

Randall

Comment

If I get it, I will make it available to anyone in the group that might need it for a track weekend. It will be stored in Agoura Hills near the Rock Store.

I already have a TR3 frame, so don't need another. I do need seats for a TR3.

I could come by and get the trailer Tuesday.

Thanks.

Comment

Looks like I have to pass on Randall's generous offer as I couldn't get any more space in storage. The spouse wouldn't give up her massive collection of shoes. I'm sure Doug'll take good care of it.

Comment

OK. Looks like it's Doug's. Or, the club's depending how you look at it.

Randall

Comment

I will gladly make it available to anyone that wants to use it and is willing to come pick it up.

The only stipulation being I am not using it. I have my toy hauler that I use forl it most of the time.

The only reason I can take it is my sister has a couple acres where I can park it.

Comment

I did everyone a favor, especially Randall, Van, myself, and anyone else who thought they missed an opportunity on this trailer and sent it to the scrap yard.

Major issues with it that are not worth going into detail on.
                            Last edited by Doug Liedblad; March 9, 2016, 09:03 PM.

Comment

You "did everyone"?! I had to read this three times before I figured out that you overlooked adding the words "a favor". :)
                              | | Sean

Comment

Working...
                              X