WANTED: Four-Point Harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED: Four-Point Harness

Mine are tattered and won't hold a setting . . . I'm looking for a nice set for an S-3 Caterham. Must be BLACK.

Please PM me if you have a set.

Thanks, guys!

Alan in Los Angeles

Why not upgrade to a 5-point. I think some people refer to the 4-point harnesses as suicide straps and not allowed on tracks anyway.
    Really not expensive, e.g. from G-Force.

Comment

Alan: I have (and like) the "Sabelt" brand 4-point set that is made specifically for a Caterham. As noted above, a 5-point harness is probably safer though, if hit hard in a Seven, I am not sure how much difference it would make...

Comment

Demon Tweeks carries Sabelt, Willans and Schroth harnesses for the Caterham, in escalating price points. The Schroth belts have their patented anti-submarining technology . . . Any thoughts on 2" or 3" lap belts?

Also, I'm not looking forward to R&R'ing the existing harnesses. Everything is so tight, I can't even SEE where they bolt to the floor.

Comment

It depends on what track group you might run with. Some require 3" wide, others 2". I don't remember their rational.

If you aren't running track days, whatever is comfortable.

Mine mount on some brackets behind the seat.

Seat removal required to install.

I have the factory buckets, if you have the bench seat YMMV.

I use 3" from Simpson. Mine are pull down, others like pull up. It may depend on your girth.

Get the 5 point as you can always not hook up the anti-submarine belt. It's purpose is to keep the lap belt low on your hips.

Comment

Working...
          X