Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox Remote Adaptor Help

Hi All,

I am looking for the gearbox adaptor for my 1962 Lotus Super Seven. This is the wedge shaped aluminum piece that is sandwiched between the Spitfire Remote and the 105e/2000e tail housing. If you have one off the car but do not want to sell it, I would settle for dimensions off the adaptor in attempts in make one. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks Allan

REMOTE.jpg

You might check with BGH and or SPC (Steve Perks) both in the UK, they build transmissions for Sevens.

If they don't respond to email in a timely manner, give them a call.

Comment

I agree with Doug, but would add Phil Stewart at Road and Race Transmissions as another potential contact. I would also add that you shouldn't even waste your time e-mailing Brian Hill at BGH Geartech. Just call.
      edit -- Just re-read my own comments. BGH is as good as the others with Type 9s (I have a BGH 'box in my car), but when I dealt with him, he responded readily to phone or fax correspondence, but not to e-mail.
      Last edited by Sean; November 16, 2014, 09:50 AM.
      | | Sean

Comment

You might also give Dave Bean Engineering a call.

He might be your best bet in the US.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. BGH and SPC appears to cater to the later gearboxes and DB was the first one that I called. But I am happy to say I did find one from Guy Smith in the UK. Thanks again for all the help, Allan
          Attached Files

Comment

Is Guy Smith a resource we should know about?

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Liedblad View Post
              Is Guy Smith a resource we should know about?
              What he said. I was going to ask if you had been referred to Guy Smith by BGH, SPC, R&R, or DBE.
              | | Sean

Comment

I definitely added him to my favorites. He specializes in the early cars, Lotus Sevens, Ford Anglias, and Cortinas. Tony Ingram knows him well and from what I have heard, he has a good reputation from my UK Friends. But a well kept secret as none of these chaps mentioned him before I told them that I found the adaptor. I actually found him in shear desperation, searching for anything that was close to the item I needed. "Lotus Seven gearbox adaptor" or "105e adaptor" yielded nothing, not even a picture of the item. Then I tried every combination I could think of and found him by using Remote + Ford + Triumph and after searching several pages, there he was at http://www.guysmithmotorsport.com/ . And it wasn't at some crazy price either and used the online shopping cart to put my order in. Hopefully I did not stumble on some old and abandoned website and he does indeed have the part. But will give him a call today. Very happy, Allan

Comment

Working...
                X