WTB: Side Curtains and top for S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Side Curtains and top for S2

Hi all, I'm looking for a set of side curtains and a top for a 1962 Lotus Super Seven S2. Anyone know of a US supplier or have a used set to sell? Also looking for the hood sticks as well. Thanks Allan
    Attached Files

Originally posted by GEARBOX View Post
    Hi all, I'm looking for a set of side curtains and a top for a 1962 Lotus Super Seven S2. Anyone know of a US supplier or have a used set to sell? Also looking for the hood sticks as well. Thanks Allan
    I know that they're not Stateside, but you might consider checking in with Redline Components, in the U.K. I just purchased a few parts from them that arrived on Tuesday. Extremely reasonable pricing (in my opinion) and prompt service too (in my experience). Redline is the "official" parts source for Lotus Sevens and older Caterhams. Redline is a small 2-man business located in the town of Caterham. Having visited them I can say that they have a very good stock of parts for the Seven. It's possible that they may have what you're looking for in stock.

Sending an email to them usually gets an eventual response. I generally call to place an order and then follow up with an email to confirm.
    EscondidoRon

'62 Lotus Seven
    '84 Turbo Esprit (x2)
    '14 Evora
    '77 Esprit S1 (RIP) :(

"A man must keep a little back shop where he can be himself without reserve. In solitude alone can he know true freedom." -Michel De Montaigne 1588

Comment

Hi Ron;

Yes I sent them an email based on your last post regarding the windscreen I was looking for and they never responded. I also was looking for suspension parts and other bits, so it was going to be a decent sized order so I was surprised that no one wrote back. I do buy a lot of parts from the UK, but for some reason US customs has been brutal as of late, last charging me $75 on $200 worth of lamps from AES. So buying new from real businesses in the UK becomes very expensive after adding in the shipping and duties. That is why I was hoping for a domestic vendor. But I will try giving them a call, maybe they could help me with the invoice. Thanks Allan

Comment

Originally posted by GEARBOX View Post
        Hi Ron;

............. for some reason US customs has been brutal as of late, last charging me $75 on $200 worth of lamps from AES. So buying new from real businesses in the UK becomes very expensive after adding in the shipping and duties.
        Hi Allan;

Interesting. I just made two purchases/shipments from the UK, a new 1/2 shaft and boost gauge for one of th Esprits, and the aforementioned bits for th Seven. No Customs charges incurred. Knock on wood.
        EscondidoRon

'62 Lotus Seven
        '84 Turbo Esprit (x2)
        '14 Evora
        '77 Esprit S1 (RIP) :(

"A man must keep a little back shop where he can be himself without reserve. In solitude alone can he know true freedom." -Michel De Montaigne 1588

Comment

Hey Ron,

I order from all the usual suspects, Sue Miller, TTR, SJ Sports Cars, etc., not to mention eBay UK. And it is hit or miss. Biggest problem is with the item getting over insured or if the shipping cost is in the invoice as they will always take the highest costs. Also if the items are new. I try to get everyone to ship as used vintage auto parts with a nominal amount and I take the risk in shipping damage, as if the shipper would ever honor a claim, usually they come back saying that the item was not packed correctly in the first place so they are not responsible. But after buying tons of parts with no issues in the past, it seems that this year I got hit several times and there was no rhyme nor reason on how much was charged, last one was almost 40%. Maybe luck of the draw. I'll give them a call and see if they could help me out, Thanks Allan

Comment

Working...
          X