Superlight R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superlight R

Reluctantly I am selling my wonderful Caterham Superlight R. Raceline 2L zetec with 200-210 HP. Kent Focus 12 cams, 9 pound aluminum flywheel, head work done, Jenvey 45 MM throttle body fuel injection, 90 mm trumpets, aluminum dry sump, 7500 RPM cutoff. Pectel ECU. Custom headers. Freestyle spring upgrade. 24 way adjustable AVO shocks. Wide track front suspension. DeDion. Caterham 6 speed close ratio transmission. ZF 3.62 clutchpak LSD. Barnby 5 spoke wheels with spare. Removable MOMO suede steering wheel. Quickrack steering option: 1.92 turns lock to lock. Caterham leather seats. Full top, side doors, half doors and tonneau. FIA roll bar and brace. JPE gauges. Blackpack. Heater. CA SB 100 Registration, smog exempt. Very reliable. This is a great car for road, trackdays or autocross and puts an enormous grin on the face of every passenger/driver. A recent driver was actually giggling when he got out of the car---a new automotive experience for him. Stunningly fast (0-60 MPH in about four seconds). Approximately 1260 pounds. Weight distribution almost exactly 25% at each wheel. Pound to HP ratio similar to high performance motorcycle. Looks like a toy, but is a real giant killer. $37,000 or reasonable offers considered. Would cost more than $65,000 to duplicate this car. Brad H 858-459-8048 B 858-459-1101 XT 501.

I did the mapping on this car and have driven it on several occasions, although not during the last couple of years. I would say that this is a solid and well sorted car.

I am, however, a friend of the seller and may be biased.

/Magnus F.

Comment

Sorry to see you sell, Brad, and hope we still get to see you some!

I echo Magnus' comments - this is a beautiful, well-cared-for car, with all the right stuff. The car looks even better in person than the pictures, and drives nicer than any Caterham I've been in.

Justin

Comment

Gents, Thank you very much for your complimentary thoughts. I will not be disappearing from this site, or your lives. For a while I will be "between Caterhams", then I will return. And I'll be looking for a car like the one I'm selling. Brad

Comment

Still available. Sent PMs to responders.

Comment

interested if still available, sent you PM.

Comment

Very nice car.

Comment

Sent PM.
                Nick Nehrir
                Hillbank Motor Corporation
                6 Autry
                Irvine, CA 92618
                P. 949-900-1961
                us.caterhamcars.com
                [email protected]

Comment

Text message sent to OP.

Comment

The Bumblebee has now passed into the hands of a new owner. This was the most hateful I have ever felt about selling a car; it was a bitter moment to see "my" creation leave. I'm planning and plotting a return to Caterham ownership.

Comment

Brad, I'm glad that you found a good home for your car. It truly is one of the nicest I've ever seen. Hope you stay in touch on the board.

Justin

Comment

Justin, I am not going away. I'm presently "between 7s". Brad

Comment

Sorry for your loss.

Where did the car go to?
                          www.morgansegal.com

The funny thing is my wife goes " What is that car a Morgan ? " and I said "No that's a Caterham but there is a Morgan driving it " -delise

Comment

The Bumblebee now lives in Santa Monica with a proper Brit. It will be getting a lot of exercise @ Buttonwillow and Willow Springs this year. I expect that they will live happily ever after together.

Broke my heart to load the 7 I created into the trailer and see it go down the road to another home....

Easily the best car I have owned and the one I loved most.

Comment

Brad,

Feel free to forward my contact to the buyer, should he have any engine questions.

/Magnus F.

Comment

Working...
                              X