2003 Caterham SV w/Duratech engine - California registered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Caterham SV w/Duratech engine - California registered

Hi folks, my garage has shrunk and it's time for me to sell my beloved baby.
    This is one of the best Caterham Sevens in California.

2003 Caterham Super Seven DeDion SV
    Pearlescent Blue Paint w/bonnet stripe
    Limited slip differential
    Leather seats
    Cold weather kit (heater, roof, doors, et al)
    5-spoke 15" wheels
    Luke 4 point harness
    Quick release steering column (for Racetech and Momo steering wheels only)
    Momo steering wheel
    Duratec Fl dry sump
    5sp. gearbox + close ratio upgrade
    Alloy flywheel
    Performance clutch assembly
    MBE 967EF ECU
    Ceramic coated exhaust
    Mounted spare tire w/wheel & rear tire rack included
    Floor mats
    Most of a full case of Redline oil

This car was built with an upgraded DURATEC, not Zetec engine. The previous owner told me he saw 206hp to the wheels on the dyno, and he put more than $55,000 into this car. One of the nice things about a Duratec, above and beyond the extra power, is that the exhaust is on the passenger side, reducing noise and heat.

Since I bought it, it's been maintained by Woody and the gang at Motor Sports Inc in Vacaville, CA and we flashed the ECU with a less aggressive maping to improve overall reliability and longevity. For me, this car is a road car first, and I've only tracked it three times. We were quicker at Thunderhill and Reno/Fernley than just about everyone else. Nothing else has been changed, so if you're a performance nut, you can adjust the ECU programming to tune the hell out of it for every last pony.

Approximately 4600 miles on it, I am the second owner. Both of us have treated her well. She has sat, under a cover, in my old house's garage for the past year, driven only a couple of times. New battery as of last October and kept on a battery tender.

California registered and SB100 approved, no lottery, no waiting in lines, ready to go, I'm driving it right now. Small paint chips in the usual places (rear fenders protectors/fenders), as this has been driven on the open road.

Registered as a year 0000 SPCNS in California should you wish to title in other states...you may not need to pass smog there, we don't have to here (but I have the emission results from the build should that be helpful).

Detailed pictures available upon request.

$38,000 - San Francisco Bay Area
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pst; February 17, 2011, 08:40 AM. Reason: fix a typo

Sold
    Last edited by pst; March 22, 2011, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X