Seven Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seven Wanted

First post to the forum. I've been monitoring for about a year now. Just joined recently.

I am searching to find a Seven. Located in Escondido. I've been looking for a while now. Had 2 near misses in the past month.

Would consider most any chassis type. Probably not a Stalker (I prefer the light weight 4-bangers).

I'm budget minded (my wife says cheap) and patient. I'd like to find an unfinished, problem, damaged or other distressed type of vehicle. Looking for the fun of the build but don't have a lot of time to chase down all of the parts individually due to work/travel schedule. It would be nice to have a drive train but not critical. I have a couple of different engines out in the shop that I could use.

Have cash for the right car.

Regards,
    Ron
    EscondidoRon

'62 Lotus Seven
    '84 Turbo Esprit (x2)
    '14 Evora
    '77 Esprit S1 (RIP) :(

"A man must keep a little back shop where he can be himself without reserve. In solitude alone can he know true freedom." -Michel De Montaigne 1588

Welcome,

There have been some great deals this last year or so... happy hunting

Comment

I'm sure Brad will weigh in soon, but David Laird has had a wonderful Lotus 7 for sale here in San Diego at a very good price. I don't know if it's still available.

Justin

Comment

Also, recently saw an add for a 7 for sale in the Chapman Report, the monthly from the Golden Gate Lotus Club in the San Francisco bay area......gglotus.org..... don't remember the particulars but will look for it if it's still for sale when my next issue arrives and post the info on our site. Also, maybe check with Rich Kamp at Golden Gate Sevens (Kampena Motors) located at Sears Point (Infineon) in Sonoma: (707)933-8049, GG7S.com ..... Just some thoughts to consider......
        Last edited by Jim F.; August 30, 2009, 11:47 PM. Reason: Additional contact info
        With Best Regards,
        Jim F.

Comment

In Escondido Brad B has a Caterham (RHD) which I have not seen for a few years; unsure of availability. A service manager @ the local bmw dealer was a former 7 racer and may have some ideas.

If you would travel a bit east of El Cajon Rod L is rebuilding two.

Dave is in Clairemont and has one of his two for sale.

A guy in PB was selling a Lotus 7 series 2 last year. Not sure how to find him.

The Coronado Speedfest usually brings out a few 7s and is likely worth a look.

There are about 15-20 seven type cars in SD county.

You are welcome to check mine out in LJ.

On Oct 4 there will be an AutoX @ the Q where a few should be veiwable.

Comment

Originally posted by escondidoron View Post
            First post to the forum. I've been monitoring for about a year now. Just joined recently.

I am searching to find a Seven. Located in Escondido. I've been looking for a while now. Had 2 near misses in the past month.

Would consider most any chassis type. Probably not a Stalker (I prefer the light weight 4-bangers).

I'm budget minded (my wife says cheap) and patient. I'd like to find an unfinished, problem, damaged or other distressed type of vehicle. Looking for the fun of the build but don't have a lot of time to chase down all of the parts individually due to work/travel schedule. It would be nice to have a drive train but not critical. I have a couple of different engines out in the shop that I could use.

Have cash for the right car.

Regards,
            Ron
            Ron,
            How about a 7 Replica. I have one and it is up for sale and is in Ventura, CA. if it interests you.

Martin Keller
            MHKflyer at gmail dot com
            Attached Files
            Martin Keller
            Ventura, Ca.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim F. View Post
              Rich Kamp at Golden Gate Sevens (Kampena Motors) located at Sears Point (Infineon) in Sonoma: (707)933-8049, GG7S.com ..... Just some thoughts to consider......

Kamp is out of business. His phone is disconnected and e-mail bounces.

Comment

Originally posted by jvr View Post
                Kamp is out of business. His phone is disconnected and e-mail bounces.
                Are you sure about that? I haven't called Rich for quite a while now, but his gg7s.com e-mail address went through for me earlier this week, and he replied. He made no mention of closing down. Phone number in Jim F's post above is incorrect - it should read (707) 933-8039. Also, I have found that my e-mails to him using the kampena.com address in the past have bounced, but the ones to the gg7s.com address went through.

Source here: http://www.eskimo.com/~rkamp/index.html

I'm not saying you are wrong, just questioning whether you know for a fact that he has closed up shop, or are you making an assumption?
                | | Sean

Comment

Sean;
                  I haven't talked to Rich for quite some time myself, either, but will real soon as I have a couple of issues with my Cat I'd like him to address since he built it for me. Also, the phone # I quoted was his fax, not phone. The 8039 is correct for his phone......I have his business card in front of me and nowhere does it have "Kampena.com" on it, but it does have GG7S.com as his contact address. As clear as mud?
                  With Best Regards,
                  Jim F.

Comment

Yes, I am sure. I bought a seven from him a few years ago. I called yesterday and the line was disconnected. He still owes me some parts as well, in particular a flexible fuel line. I am still trying to resolve that problem. He is not listed as an affiliate at Caterham USA any more as well.

Comment

Golden Gate Sevens

GG 7ens are no longer listed on the USA Caterham site as a dealer, and that's been so for several months. Kampena motors, however, still advertised in the Golden Gate Lotus CLub newsletter. although I have not spoken to Rich lately, I assumed it meant his Caterham dealership closed, but his old Seven/Elan/Europa repair shop was still active.

-David L (owner of the Cat 7 ipictured n this months' SCCA Wheel)

Comment

Working...
                      X