Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next local event(s)

August 4th & 5th.

Shelby Club track day at the streets of Willow. Limited to 65 cars.

$185.00 for the event.

http://www.google.com/calendar/event...ca/Los_Angeles

NASA is at the big track the next weekend, August 11&12th.

Doug,

I am planning to run at a NASA event on August 11th. Willow Springs and Thunderhill are on the same weekend. I would prefer WS, but the heat is a problem. Any chance that you or others might be interested in that weekend instead of the Shelby Club event? If not, I'll probably go to T'hill.

Comment

I'm leaning towards the Shelby event as I like the Streets of Willow track.

The Shelby Club has a limit of 65 cars and might give us our own run group (or close to it) if we have enough cars.

I've not run the big track at Willow but could be convinced to try it if enough Sevens pick the NASA event.

Please post your preference here soon.

Doug

Comment

Tour instead

I'll be getting my car ready for the PNW2007 tour - and I don't want to risk any damage right before the trip - so I'm going to have to pass on these events.

I'll be looking to meet up with you guys aftewards though, perhaps October 1st at Laguna Seca, or October 13-14 at Thunderhill.

Tom
        Tom "ELV15" Jones
        http://PIErats.com

Comment

Anything Willow like in August conjures up images of heat stroke, burnt oil and massively stinky sweaty driving suits :-O.

Tbh, T'hill is the most seductive driving-wise, if not logistics-wise. That said, I'd kind of like / need to attend an event in my local HPDE 4 group, because I've missed several events in a row now.

At this time I cannot commit to any event - I'll have to wait n see.
          Chris
          ------------
          A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

Chris, understood. But be warned -- I am working on the development of My Secret Weapon which, I believe, will noticeably reduce lap times. It should be installed in time for the August event.

Comment

Like Tom said, I'll be getting ready for the PNW tour so I won't be attending either event. And as Chris mentioned, the heat would probably give me second thoughts anyway. It was 109 degrees here in Victorville yesterday and you risk heat stroke just going to the mailbox! My garage faces south so it gets to nearly 120 degrees on summer afternoons. My temp guage in the Birkin will actually read close to 50 degrees C before I even start it.

The Wimp

Comment

Stan, point well taken. Y'all should come to Thunderhill, which is like a Mediterranean resort compared to Willow Springs (except there is no ocean and no resort; but there is a Walmart with airconditioning).

Comment

...I am working on the development of My Secret Weapon...
                  So you'll be bringing Pierre, wearing a Mission Impossible rubber Michael Murphy suit:D

Cool!
                  Chris
                  ------------
                  A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

Originally posted by moosetestbestanden
                    So you'll be bringing Pierre, wearing a Mission Impossible rubber Michael Murphy suit:D

Cool!
                    You know, that just might work! ...but only because Michael and Pierre sound so much alike. ;)
                    - Sean

Comment

Want to run my Se7ven with you guys. but from what I know Shelby street of willow event did not use bowl right ? . I think that really miss all the fun part of street......

Comment

Working...
                      X