LASAAC Open Track Apr 14-15.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LASAAC Open Track Apr 14-15.

LASAAC has the Streets at Apr 14-15. See attached PDF document for details.

We could rent transponders and once and for all prove who is the fastest.

Anyone interested?

/Magnus F.
    Attached Files

I believe this conflicts with the NASA event at Buttonwillow.

I'll be at one or the other.

Doug

Comment

I don't have a preference. Buttonwillow is the nicer track but obviously the Shelby Club is much cheaper and I have not been to the Streets for a long time.

Last time this came up most people wanted to go to Buttonwillow and that is fine with me. I just follow the crowd...

Gert

Comment

So, where is the crowd going? I am not sure about the urgency but it may be wise to sign up with LASAAC early if we want to do this. NASA SoCal does not have Buttonwillow open for registration yet.
        Last edited by slomove; March 4, 2007, 06:08 PM.

Comment

I'll be going to Buttonwillow. It's more fun imo, faster and way (way) better flow. I am shooting for a signoff up to 4 that weekend.
          Chris
          ------------
          A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

I'm pretty sure I'll sign up for Buttonwillow even though Willow Springs is closer. Hopefully I'll get signed off for HPDE 3 at Fontana, but if not, then maybe at Buttonwillow.

Stan

Comment

O.K., sounds like a go for Buttonwillow. Somebody was foolish enough to sign me off to HPDE3 last April. So, let's see....

Chris, before you upgrade to HPDE4 I would like to see how my loaded-up Seven RV can keep up with your pure-breed racer :D

Anybody else going?

Anybody from NorCal?

Gert

Comment

Button Willow it is. I'll be there.

I sure hope I can sort out my power understeering issue until then. Front ARB is almost at its loosest setting. I'll check that the ride height is correct (rear 15 mm higher than front), and then move on to stiffening the rear ARB.

Since the car is basically plowing while pulling very little lateral Gs, I don't think it is the shocks. I basically had to force the rear out by applying power in order to get the car to point where I wanted. The front simply won't bite.

I tried to lower the rear tire pressure (approx 16 rear, 18 front cold), it tidied things a bit, but it felt more like symptom fixing than anything else.

Any other suggestions?

Doug: Which outlaw caliper did you order. If it was the M16, do you know which one of these two it was? http://www.outlawdiscbrakes.com/m16.html

I mailed Woody, but did not receive a reply on it.

/Magnus F.

Comment

I'm planning on being at Buttonwillow too, for both the AROSC event as well as NASA. I won't be in the enduro but will assist Clark and anyone else that needs a fueling crew.

Magnus, yes the M16s are the ones. See the email I sent you off list, also go to the the NASA Sevens challange and search on Outlaw.

Doug

Comment

Which tires are you using?
                    Chris
                    ------------
                    A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

The tires are Kumho ECSTA V710 (slicks) 215/50 ZR13 on Caterham's new 8 spoke lightweight wheels, which I believe are 6" front, 8" back. The tires are rated for 6-7.5", but the rear end is doing just fine.

/Magnus F.

Comment

Working...
                      X