AROSC Enduro for 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AROSC Enduro for 2007

Doug Liedblad just alerted me. The Alfa Romeo Owner's Club of Southern California (AROSC) enduro is back on! The date change to March 31 offers cooler weather than their traditional Memorial Day weekend, and the new daylight savings time change makes the light stay around a little longer. Also, the length has been shortened to two-hours from 2-1/2. What do you say? Can we arrange a little Nor/So Cal cooperation and teaming, or maybe some friendly competition? Details, entry and rules are available at: http://www.arosc.org/

Best wishes,
    Clark

AROSC race license required?
    Chris
    ------------
    A day you don't go a hundred is a day wasted

Comment

Sorry, out of town...

Comment

AROSC Race License

Chris,

I'm planning to visit at California Speedway during the NASA event. Be happy to help out, take lap times, etc.

The AROSC Enduro officially requires an AROSC Racing license. However, since this event usually has relatively few cars participating, it's more like an extended time trial practice session. As such, they've usually allowed some non-race licensed drivers to participate. My friend Greg Nelson is the race director, and if you're seriously interested, I'll ask him and vouch for your abilities. He let me drive last year, as well as others without competition licenses. To alert the other drivers, you'll need an 'X' on the back of your car. They want to be especially careful of letting unknowns into the field.

I'm planning to participate in their race school next Fall, and it would be terrific if you and some others from our Sevens group would join in. Alfa club racing seems like a great way to test the water.

Also, our Seven is back on the road as of this afternoon. I installed the front hub upgrade and took care of some other items needing attention. Now to find some sticky rubber!

Best wishes,
        Clark

Comment

Thanks Clark. Fontana is 2 weekends before (and NASA Buttonwillow 2 weekends after) so I'll have to give the matter some thought. Barb may have an opinion on the subject...

I like the idea of their race school in the fall. My goal in NASA is to acquire same, although I have no plan as to how much I'd actually use it. I'm thinking of the process like scuba diving - the more certifications I got actually just meant more time in the water (=ing fun) rather than achievement or skill:D

Edited to add: Congrats on getting that burgundy beauty back on the road!
          Chris
          ------------

Comment

I will be occupied at Infineon that weekend.

Comment

My Burgandy Beauty

It's true, you never realize how good things are until you can't use them for awhile, and then through some good fortune (in this case, some new upgrade parts) you can. Driving my car for the first time in several weeks was a revelation of sorts; how terrific these machines are. I don't want this to sound like a love story, but how else can I put it? Everything works as an extension of conscious will. There's so little thought or effort in driving a Seven, we're engineered to work as a team. It's Colin's genius. You think and it happens. It happens and you react without thought. Miwako called it correctly: a Zen experience!
              Clark

Comment

I will probably not drive my car as I am still setting it up, but I would be happy to drive up to the track over the day (Sat or Sun) to work the pit for you and anyone else who attends. I can gas, grease, inflate, adjust and remap. Have tools, will travel.

Google maps just told me that I now live 2 hrs 15 minutes from Button Willow. I say: Sweet!

/Magnus F.

Comment

2 hrs 15 minutes from Button Willow. I say: Sweet!
                  See! I told ya things are more real in L.A county:D

Oh, that's 2:15 theoretical...
                  Chris
                  ------------

Comment

Originally posted by moosetestbestanden
                    Oh, that's 2:15 theoretical...
                    Reminds me of the CHP cruiser that pulled up next to me while I was towing up to Buttonwillow at 65 or 70. The officer shook his index finger at me (no, not the middle finger) but did not hand me a ticket.

My best time to Buttonwillow was about 2:35 from Pasadena

Gert

Comment

I'm signed up for the TT only.

Clark is not currently planning on being there.

I don't believe they are sold out.

I will be at one of the RV pads. (probably 8A)

Doug

Comment

Working...
                      X